Rear Brakes for Brembo Front Brake Kits?

amorrow

Established Member
Anyone have a solution with parking brake for our cars? Was sold on the 14”, 6 piston Brembo GT-S kit for the fronts, but there’s no matching 4 piston calipers for the rear according to Race Technologies and Brembo. Is there an available kit out there?

Thanks,
Adam

Low Class Yuppie

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
My buddy Gilbert clued me in to 1997 Ford Taurus base model rear calipers. They follow the same form factor as the stock rear brakes, but the piston is apparently larger, which helps to balance out the front. Same parking brake setup, too. Use your stock brackets, as the Cobra brackets are considerably beefier than the Taurus ones. The Cardone part numbers are 18-4536 and 18-4537, and the are available on Rock Auto if you search under a '97 Taurus 3.0L V6 OHV. I am not running this setup yet (waiting for powdercoat and bigger wheels), but Gilbert has extensively track tested it and it works great. Just like the fronts, you can keep your stock pads and rotors if you so choose.

gilby959798

Wyatt's daddy!
Established Member
Yep, I have ATS fronts and Taurus rear. Works pretty damn good on track with a good set of pads.
9P0A9071.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

amorrow

Established Member
Thanks for the info. This car will be purely for street though, and honestly I’m looking for rear calipers that’ll be a better aesthetic match for the massive fronts. I’m surprised there’s a nice front kit with brackets for Sn95s, but nothing for the rear.

I have the FTBR 13” rear rotor conversion kit right now, and was going to paint the rear calipers to match the Brembo GT-S gray color, but would much prefer to use a 4 piston rear caliper or something that’ll look better. But if there’s no other options and I see the need for more rear bias that’s good info.

TdChc1R.jpg

6U0nmxg.jpg

Thanks,
Adam

Attachments

• TdChc1R.jpg
    TdChc1R.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 88
  • 6U0nmxg.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Wilwood makes a nice, single piston parking brake caliper for the rear of our cars for 13" rotors. 120-10110-BK for the left hand, 120-10111-BK for the right. Swap BK for RD in the part numbers if you want red instead of black calipers. $285 per caliper. They sell a kit also with rotors, hats, banjo bolts but the price is kind of nutty... want to say its like $1400ish for slotted rotors and like $1650 or so for slotted and drilled rotors.

If it were me I'd probably get a dual caliper bracket for the back and run the parking brake on one side and whatever other caliper on the other.

Low Class Yuppie

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Wilwood makes a nice, single piston parking brake caliper for the rear of our cars for 13" rotors. 120-10110-BK for the left hand, 120-10111-BK for the right. Swap BK for RD in the part numbers if you want red instead of black calipers. $285 per caliper. They sell a kit also with rotors, hats, banjo bolts but the price is kind of nutty... want to say its like $1400ish for slotted rotors and like $1650 or so for slotted and drilled rotors.

If it were me I'd probably get a dual caliper bracket for the back and run the parking brake on one side and whatever other caliper on the other.

I wonder if that's the setup ChrisFix is running on his car.

amorrow

Established Member
Thanks for the great info. There’s a bracket that adapts the Wilwood parking brake caliper to our cars (and I should specify 2004 IRS with 13” rotors)?

Daniel_Mc

Established Member
I have seen the Taurus rear caliper upgrade; another one i have been seeing online is the Reaper brakes with a 13" 6 piston rear with parking brake. I have not seen anyone with this installed but the set up looks promising.

Reaper Big Brake Kits

-Daniel

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Curious where ya'll ended up. I have the Gran Turismo fronts and would love a matching-ish 13" rear. Honestly contemplating the Wilwoods and then stripping and powdercoating with Brembo Logos lol. But then the parking brake becomes an issue

amorrow

Established Member
Appreciate the good recommendations from everyone, but I’m just going to use the 13” rear FTBR kit and paint the factory rear calipers to match the grey Brembos for now….may consider something else down the road.

I did call Race Technologies to ask about possibility of matching 4-piston rear setup for the 94-04 front GT/GTS/GTR kits. Was told Brembo doesn’t like supplying calipers for traditional non-floating SRA setups, and likely just not enough volume with the IRS.

SpittingCobra

Established Member
mmbak-15_lg.jpg

Won't this work for filling out the rear wheels properly? Says it's for the IRS...

amorrow

Established Member
Thanks, didn’t remember seeing that kit when I was brake shopping. Ended up just going with 13” FTBR rotors and factory calipers, but if I decide to change that would be nice kit to run with calipers machined and recoated to match the front Brembos. Parking brake not really needed for this car, but did keep it given in using stock calipers and had 1” longer cables made.

Users who are viewing this thread