Rear Brake Slippers

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Does anybody know where I can find the rear brake slippers that snap on the ends of the pads?

Last edited:

PETSNKE

Established Member
I went to the dealer for mine. The parts guy couldn't find the part number and asked one of the techs about them. He came back and gave me a handfull of them free and said they come with the OEM pads.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Originally posted by toofast4u
Does anybody know where I can find the rear brake slippers that snap on the ends of the pads?

toofast:

Are you referring to the anti-rattle clips? I don't run with mine anymore and do not hear any rattling at all? The only pads I ever got them with were the Ford pads.

Even when I have my street pads in for criusing around I don't hear them. Maybe my hearing is bad, I'm not sure?:shrug:

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Thanks Bruce I am going to try that next time I put my race pads on. I had a feeling they were not needed and they have caused me some issues. I have seen a problem on this Cobra where they bind if you don't install them exactly right and make the pad so it didn't face the rotor correct and therefore not contact the outer edge.

:thumbsup:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Thanks Bruce I am going to try that next time I put my race pads on. I had a feeling they were not needed and they have caused me some issues. I have seen a problem on this Cobra where they bind if you don't install them exactly right and make the pad so it didn't face the rotor correct and therefore not contact the outer edge.

:thumbsup:

What I hate even more are the pads (PF-90's) that don't come with the springs? What a MPITA those things are to swap at the track!! Hawk Blues fortunately come with them on!

The one thing I have found to be imperative is the alignment of those slots on the piston. They have to be perfectly vertical to the pins on the back side of the pad to be assured they sit properly in the slots.

Brian told me "real men don't need no stinking anti-rattle clips!" and I have not missed them ever since!!!;-)

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
What springs for the fronts? That would really suck luckily the Hawk HT10s come with them also.

I was talking about the top tension spring that goes on top of the rear pads. Some pads don't come with them? I know it sounds crazy? During my Rookie season, Fred was nice enough to bail me out with some PF-90's for the rear and they do not come with the rear tension spring. So, here I am at the track trying to get these friggin' springs out of the old pads with a pliers and I can tell you it wasn't pretty. I came up with some new swear words that day. If you had a vise and access to a large set of tools it would be a piece of cake. But that wasn't the case?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread