rear alignment??

Mr. Freeze

Established Member
ok, i caught a curb when i hit a puddle of water and now i got some minor scratches on my wheel on the rear which really is not a big deal since im planning on buying one. Question is now the car feels it pulls to the side i curbed the wheel, do these cars have a rear alignment? or could a wheel cause this? would i need a 4 wheel alignment?

Seabiscuit

GIDDY-UP!!!
Established Member
My understanding is that with an IRS you do need a 4 wheel alignment. As far as hitting a curb to cause it to go out of alignment, I would say that could do it depending on how hard you hit it.

smrtasp

Established Member
I would get it checked soon. I notice mine has been pulling to the right a little and last week I notice my right rear tire is completely bald up to 4 inches from the outside edge. Time for bigger ones now.

CSCOBRA03

Established Member
Yes you should get a 4 wheel alignment. Rear wheel camber and toe are adjustable on Cobras.

BenD

Established Member
Rear Adjustment

If you are anticipating any Road racing and Hi-G cornering 1/2 degree neg. camber works pretty good. It's a little awkward to adjust, but an experienced alignment tech can do it. It can even be done from the outside of the wheel, but it's difficult.

Snake Eyes

Established Member
Here are good alignment settings for aggressive street driving and light track auto X. Note Rear camber and the explanation below.

------- Front -------
Caster 6.5º (Max Positive)
Camber 1.5º Negative
Toe 0.25º Toe In

------- Rear -------
Camber 1.3º Negative
Toe 0.1º Toe In
Thrust Angle 0.0º

------- Note -------
Rear Camber
When the wheel is off the ground, and the upper knuckle is loose, the weight of it tends to rotate the wheel towards positive camber of course. Adjusting the eccentric to the max negative camber by rotating the bolt, only goes so far... the upper arm end is slotted on both sides to allow the bolt to adjust, and to get max camber out of it, it needs to be pushed back in the slot further on both sides of the bolt (The bolt will torque down at an angle if you let it, as the eccentric is on the opposite side).

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
Mr. Freeze said:
ok, i caught a curb when i hit a puddle of water and now i got some minor scratches on my wheel on the rear which really is not a big deal since im planning on buying one. Question is now the car feels it pulls to the side i curbed the wheel, do these cars have a rear alignment? or could a wheel cause this? would i need a 4 wheel alignment?

Check the rear tie rods before you drive it anywhere. If one breaks while you're driving you'll be amazed how much the rear of your car can steer you. It's pretty much impossible to steer if one snaps. If you're not confident in it's health (bent or fractured) get the car towed.

Mr. Freeze

Established Member
i got re-aligned yesterday and they told me it was off and everything else checked out fine. Now it rides like a dream just like before,,,, thanks for the suggestion snake eyes & benD , i might try that when i hit some svtoa road coarse events,,,

Users who are viewing this thread