Realistic and safe power gains from E85 -> E99

JCDriller

Established Member
I’m lucky enough to have E98 available to me locally at the pump, same pump I have to go to for E85. I’m having the cars tuned for 91 octane for travel and winter storage and am thinking about having the E98 tunes done at the same time just for fun if there is enough gains to make it worth the cost.

I’m wondering what realistic power gains can be expected going from E85 to E98. Has anyone done this as an additional tune? I’m a learning rookie who’s blessed to have nice cars so I can’t tell you the cars existing timing.

One car is a TVS gen 2 2.3 4.6L car with around 750rwhp at 20psi on E85.

second car is a single turbo 4.6 907rwhp at 25psi on E85.

thanks

BFED157F-C763-4405-829C-B7BDD2665D60.jpeg

Last edited:

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
If the E85 is indeed testing out a solid 85%.....then I don't think the difference would be very much at all. But it comes down to what the tuner thinks and sees from the data, and whether or not more boost/timing can be applied. At the end of the day, probably not enough of a difference to mess with.

JCDriller

Established Member
The E85 is good in the summer, I’ve been buying the e98 and blending it myself to E85 since the fall.

If there is no real benefit I don’t want to waste anyone’s time, only asking since it’s as easy to get as E85.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
If the E85 is indeed testing out a solid 85%.....then I don't think the difference would be very much at all. But it comes down to what the tuner thinks and sees from the data, and whether or not more boost/timing can be applied. At the end of the day, probably not enough of a difference to mess with.

+1
I don't think you would notice a difference

Users who are viewing this thread