real vs. fake 93's

QuickStangs

Established Member
They is also a metal tag attached between the left headlight and radiator with the viin number stamped on it you can check there also.

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
:shrug: never heard of them falling of , but sometimes if the car gets any bodywork done the shop may leave it off , and it also says "cobra" on that tag.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
Originally posted by MICH_427_Cobra
Can you tell me what I am looking for in the vin? is it a # or letter ?? I am glad it is that easy.
thanks.

8th digit will be a 'D'

Lee

Cobra228

Random SVT Poster
Established Member
one quick but not a definite way is no cruise control on the steering wheel.. cruise wasnt an option on the 93 cobra.

inv93svt

Established Member
The only true way to tell Bro is that ALL 93 cobra's have a 42D in the vin #. All other mustangs have 42E…ext. One more quick thing to make sure your future car hasn't been damage or your ground effect haven't been replaced is that all the ground effects will have matching vin #'s to the automobiles vin #. Good luck…and also I have a black 93 cobra for sale with 17,000 miles. And yes all my vin. #'s match!

FYI: The whole thing about cobra not having cruise control is total false. There were several PP1 93 cobra's produced for executives that had cruise control. I know cause my father had one. They are very rare cars.:rollseyes

Users who are viewing this thread