Ready to buy, but scared?

alcaholik9

Hello all........First off I want to say that this has to be the best run forum on the internet.
I dont own a Lightning but I have been very close to buying one several times over the last year. Right now I am driving a 2ooo Jeep Gr. Cherokee Limited, but it is not really practical for me right now. I am a plumber, and on the weekends I do some sidework so I need something I could throw my tools in and maybe some pipe and a water heater into. But I am only 24 so I dont want to go out and buy some boring van or a plain F150. The Lightning is perfect for the 4 Saturdays a month I have to do some sidework.
The reason I am scared to buy a Lightning is because I live in Northern New Jersey, where our winters can be pretty rough some years. I dont want to get stuck dropping 30,000 on something I cant drive for 3 months out of the year. So if anyone that reads this that lives in an area where the winters are rough, and has some advice for me it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for any help guys...........

FlaSVT

Moderator - 2nd Gen Forum
Established Member
alcaholik9 - Welcome the the board. There are several guys around that drive their Lightnings all year round. You are going to need to do what you would to do to any other truck that is driven in the heavy snow and that's put weight in the back and put snow tires on it. I've seen pictures of what appear to be Expedition rims with snow tires being run during the winter months.

Call the guys at JDM and ask them what they run or see being run during the winter. They are up in Freehold so you might want to stop by and see Jim.

Hope you decide to get the L. It is one hell of a truck and it's lots of fun to drive.

Users who are viewing this thread