~ Reading Aeroforce Parameters

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
I have just installed my Aeroforce Gauge and am setting up my parameters..Love it so far!
The "5.0" face is a nice touch, and the machined bezel is classy.

Parameters using currently:
A/F ratios
Ignition Adv
Knock Retard
Oil Temp
Head Temp
Coolant Temp
IAT

QUESTION
#1 is...For A/F ratio, Ignition Adv & Knock Retard parameters what range should my readings be at Idle & at WOT !?
#2 is.....What are the Warning levels for allof the above parameters?

20121006_160354-2.gif

THANKS in advance!

Last edited:

deepsouthtech

Established Member
I am still working on a/f. How did you get that to show? Os1 and os2 do not display anything for me. Got boost working though.

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
Platform 4 is what its setup on....CMD A/F is working for me (see pic above) and I think maybe B1 A/F shows something!?

As for the knock, It may not be retard...maybe it's Knock sensor voltage!? Either way its one of them that shows digits on mine.

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
My A/F is around 14.4 idle and 11.80 WOT.

i have mine on a scan with about 8 or 9 parameter.

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
My A/F is around 14.4 idle and 11.80 WOT.
i have mine on a scan with about 8 or 9 parameter.
Are you tuned!?

how accurate are the stock widebands?
More accurate than a tailpipe sniffer that most dyno shops use....this one is measuring closer to the engine.

Found this on another site....
Is this statement pretty accurate:
14.079:1 is the stoichiometric A/F ratio for a NA engine at idle or light cruising speeds. When you are under full throttle, all fuel injected cars jump to different fuel tables and engine parameters to reach the ideal 12.5:1, ranging between 12.2:1 to 12.8:1 for peak power.

Last edited:

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
Platform 4 is what its setup on....CMD A/F is working for me (see pic above) and I think maybe B1 A/F shows something!?

As for the knock, It may not be retard...maybe it's Knock sensor voltage!? Either way its one of them that shows digits on mine.

B1S1/B2S2 shows the AF that the widebands are reading. I havent messed with the knock sensor monitor. platform 4 is the only one that will read our widebands.

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
So then CMD A/F is what the PCM is "Commanding" then....not an average of the B1/B2 then right!?

I think I have the sprk adv parameter figured out, just needing input on the Knock sensor readout. Plus the Warning temps issue...

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
It won't avg the two banks. It reads each on individually. CMD is like you said just what the PCM is wanting.

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
So then CMD A/F is what the PCM is "Commanding" then....not an average of the B1/B2 then right!?

I think I have the sprk adv parameter figured out, just needing input on the Knock sensor readout. Plus the Warning temps issue...

It won't avg the two banks. It reads each on individually. CMD is like you said just what the PCM is wanting.

Whats being commanded is generally what your B1 and B2 should target. AF is going to jump around a little, but in the end it should be close to commanded.

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member

So whats better/more accurate to monitor Bank1 Bank2 or Lambda!?

SpdStang: Your 14.4 & 11.8 is that CMD or b1/b2 readings!? 11.8 seems kinda rich at WOT right....I thought we should target 12.5!?

Last edited:

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
So whats better/more accurate to monitor Bank1 Bank2 or Lambda!?

SpdStang: Your 14.4 & 11.8 is that CMD or b1/b2 readings!? 11.8 seems kinda rich at WOT right....I thought we should target 12.5!?

All three are good to monitor.
Thats commanded, but B1 & B2 fall within a .1 or .2 of commanded during WOT and idle . Your going to be about a full point off from a tailpipe sniffer on a dyno. So 11.8 via aeroforce would technically read 12.8 on a dyno with a sniffer.

Stoich for idle on an N/A engine would be 14.7 @ idle.

Chris_Red_V8

Shiny.
Established Member
All three are good to monitor.
Thats commanded, but B1 & B2 fall within a .1 or .2 of commanded during WOT and idle . Your going to be about a full point off from a tailpipe sniffer on a dyno. So 11.8 via aeroforce would technically read 12.8 on a dyno with a sniffer.

Stoich for idle on an N/A engine would be 14.7 @ idle.

2011+ mustangs use 14.04@ idle, to compensate for E10 fuel and other ethanol blended fuels.

Users who are viewing this thread