READ FIRST: The Lowdown on Worthwhile Basic Mods for 96-98 Cobra, sticky please

Status
Not open for further replies.

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
FMS= Ford Motorsport

Any big-name aftermarket Mustang parts supplier will have them.

Mach 10

Stangholic
Established Member
Great thread:thumbsup:I already printed it out.

I'll be picking up a new addition to my corral this Thursday that will benefit from the knowledge gained here...the shifter will be the first mod fosure:)

RustyRodder

Fauxbra powered
Established Member
care to elaborate? i thought the only mechanical differences were the intake and stock exhaust

mycobra21036

Established Member
Need help

Hi, im very new to the cobra world and need help, i have my full exhaust picked out already and plan on new shifter, springs, wheels tires, and air intake, but i still have ALOT of questions. After i buy these parts I do want to get a supercharger, but dont know what parts to get for the engine so it is able to handle the horsepower gains. And since i dont know the cobra engine very well and this is probably a stupid question, i really want the stock cobra piece that covers the throttle body a different color and dont know where or how to do this. Go easy on me if some of this is wrong, and if anyone can help me i would be the happiest man in the world.

Thanks so much

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
best thing to do is sit back and just read. use the search function and you'll find alot of your questions have already been addressed. if your still having trouble you should make a new thread with whatever your question is. someone will point you in the right direction. your factory motor can handle some decent horsepower depending on it's shape/mileage. post up what hp #'s your trying to hit and the specs of your car. it sounds like you have a decent start to your mods. as far as you talking about changing the throttle body covers color, you can check out some motor pics if you search, there have been multiple threads about this. good luck and welcome the svtp.

Shangsta

Phat back
Established Member
Hi, im very new to the cobra world and need help, i have my full exhaust picked out already and plan on new shifter, springs, wheels tires, and air intake, but i still have ALOT of questions. After i buy these parts I do want to get a supercharger, but dont know what parts to get for the engine so it is able to handle the horsepower gains. And since i dont know the cobra engine very well and this is probably a stupid question, i really want the stock cobra piece that covers the throttle body a different color and dont know where or how to do this. Go easy on me if some of this is wrong, and if anyone can help me i would be the happiest man in the world.

Thanks so much

Im a little confused by what peice you are talking about. If it is the intake you could have it powder coat or you could paint it.

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
You may as well skip the air intake because a s/c will require a different setup. For a supercharger I would recommend getting one with an intercooler, a higher volume fuel pump, larger injectors + maf and a dyno tune.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread