RE: Turbo and Forged block

Cobie03

Established Member
I am 90% sure I am going to go the turbo route but was wondering if I should get my stock block replaced with a new short block with forged internals at the same time or leave the block alone for now. How much boost can the stock internals take? I am going to have a company called Turbo People do the install, I heard they are very good but Turbo installations can be pricey. Also I was thinking about porting my heads and intake. Does anyone have an idea the average cost of a P+P job for either is. (Don't know if Turbo People do P+P). Thanks for all of your help answering my newbie questions. :beer:

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
the stock internals will handle right around 500RWHP with a good tune... (thats a good 640 crank horsepower)

you can wait to rebuild it, but you might as well do it now. then there's one less bottleneck in the system.

a P&P will be around 1700 if you wanna keep the stock valve sizes, but, a set of good ported heads will flow 330CFM each!!!

a good forged shortblock can take about 750-800RWHP, and with a good turbo setup, it shouldnt be hard to reach that level.

enjoy! if i had the cash, i'd get a big single turbo setup!! but im stuck with the P1-SC (not that im complaining or anything)

-Homer

Users who are viewing this thread