Re-tune question

Adamn

Established Member
The BBK 62mm throttle body that was on my car when I bought it is pretty much junk so I’m replacing it with a Posi ported stock tb and plenum. So my question is do I just make the 2 hour drive and go back to Lidio at alternative auto to check the air fuel ratio or just drive 20 min to a local import tuner shop and do it there?

I took it to the tuner shop soon after I bought the car to check for safe a/f and to see what kind of power it made since it didn’t come with a dyno sheet. If it’s going to definitely need to have adjustments made I’ll gladly drive the extra 1.5 hours so I know it’s done right.

My Eaton is ported but I don’t know about the plenum. It was done by a local shop near the previous owners house so I don’t have any info on the port.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Throw a wideband on your car and then install the new parts. I'd the car runs leans, or you experience drivability issues, then retune.

What kind of tuner are you running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adamn

Established Member
Throw a wideband on your car and then install the new parts. I'd the car runs leans, or you experience drivability issues, then retune.

What kind of tuner are you running?

I don’t necessarily want to add gauges. I have an SCT 3000 but the car isn’t currently tuned with that. It needed to have some adjustments made a few years ago and that’s what the shop I took it to used but has since been tuned at a different shop without a handheld.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
I don’t necessarily want to add gauges. I have an SCT 3000 but the car isn’t currently tuned with that. It needed to have some adjustments made a few years ago and that’s what the shop I took it to used but has since been tuned at a different shop without a handheld.

A wideband is cheap insurance on a car running forced induction at higher levels. I get wanting a clean look, but it adds peace of mind. Not all tuners are capable of making these cars run safe under high boost.

Users who are viewing this thread