Re-dyno'd

Billy Pilgram

Well I ended up being able to sneak in with my buddy and the A/C Cobra crowd back at Carb Connection. There were ~ 8 A/Cs there with quite a variety of power plants (even a 454 chevy!). Beautiful cars, people were pulling in off the road to check them out just because they saw them parked there. Definitely turns everyones heads when they see a collection like that (as usual I remebered the camera as I was getting off the freeway)

I wasn't too sure what to expect for power out of any of them so I just kept pretty quiet and watched and waited. Almost everyone had the same issue - "there's a lot more power hidden in that engine!" but carburation was off and it made a big dent in most of them. There were only 2 with over 300 RWHP and the rest were in the mid to upper 200s. Of course with a car that weighs over a 1000lbs less than ours, that's plenty of go juice.

The highest was a 351W with a Procharger with belt slip problems and a definite need for carb tuning and timing, he pulled a 327 but he was making 375ft/lb of torque at about 2500 rpm, that's some stump pulling power! The next was a EFI 347 stroker that made ~318, not bad and with some chip/ecu tuning I'm sure will make a lot more.

I did show them the potential for a DOHC motor and did a fair job of representing the latest generation of Cobras. I ended up with a 438/436 which is down from when we all went back a few weeks ago. I had a 456/429 then but now the torque curve started earlier and stayed flatter. The only difference being the Predator tune I got from Rick @ Amazon. I really couldn't get a read on a/f as it was jumping all over the place again. I'm thinking it's getting air into the system where the mufflers, etc get clamped together.

I'm planning on setting up an appointment to go in and actually do some time tuning and tweaking. When I do that I'll have them weld a bung in before the cats, that way there's no questions. Until then it's just a guessing game and I don't want to play around and damage the motor. It's getting enough fuel now so no detonation, and SOTP says it's fun so who ask for more (for now!)

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
Nice, I need to get in for a dyno tune tweeking that I can do with the predator, but I just had a bunch of shit come up on my plate...and I need money bad....like 3-5 k........

rick

Joe5.0

Established Member
3-5k is deeeep. I need money for a car lol. I think the saleen needs tweking too isnt the same lately at idle.

team23jordan

Subaru Legacy GT
Established Member
my ass is safe on the dyno
nos=gay ricer
but thats the only way you can beat me without gettin a vortech
so i can see where you are coming from

Joe5.0

Established Member
he will beat you with 4.10's alone easily. W/out nitrous. Thats if he gets his shifting down. and if he cant do that then let me drive it lol.

Users who are viewing this thread