Raxiom Navigation w/ Bluetooth & Back-up Camera (10-14)

saunupe1911

Established Member
Yeah but a 7 or 8 inch Kenwood is still a minimum of $550 refurbished. So the Maestro setup is still $300 more and thats if you are lucky. This Raxiom is still the best bargain going and looks the best. Nothing is perfect.

I just wish AM would give more technical details such as codec support, power output, etc....

Last edited:

AMDanBailer

in the video posted on youtube, the GPS antenna is just the generic brick that comes with most aftermarket navi units, but in the video they ran the wire through the top seal of the glass and mounted it on the roof. it looked weird to me. the few aftermarket installs that i've seen had the GPS antenna either mounted on the rear parcel shelf under the rear window or on top of the instrument cluster hidden inside the dash... is either way an option to do with this?

there was no mention about the USB/AUX-in. i was hoping it was part of the integration.

You can mount the camera wherever you'd like! I ran mine through the interior and to the back of the car. I mounted the GPS antenna on the top of the interior deck lid, perfect connection and not visible outside the car!

The USB/AUX is built into the unit. There's an AUX button option to pull up whatever you have plugged into the factory USB slot in the center console.

I hope this helps!

-Dan

I just found this link posted in a thread on another forum (local) dedicated to this kit...

Either Raxiom has some explaining to do, or Rosen copied Raxiom....

Amazon.com: CarShow by Rosen CS-MUST10-US 2010-14 OE-Look Ford Mustang Navigation System: Amazon Warehouse Deals

Raxiom and Rosen worked behind the scenes to bring this unit in. There was somethings changed about that Raxiom liked etc... Raxiom never claimed to build this GPS from scratch, Raxiom just stated that they now carry a plug and play GPS that has a factory fit and finish.

I hope this helps.

-Dan

saunupe1911

Established Member
That helps Dan. Thanks a lot.

I got one last question. Does that USB/AUX-in button grab input for the RCA cables? This means almost any 3rd party device, such as new phone mobile phone/tablet is good to go.

AMDanBailer

I just found this link posted in a thread on another forum (local) dedicated to this kit...

Either Raxiom has some explaining to do, or Rosen copied Raxiom....

Amazon.com: CarShow by Rosen CS-MUST10-US 2010-14 OE-Look Ford Mustang Navigation System: Amazon Warehouse Deals

It may be. But why make it seem like Raxiom just came out with the kit when it has been around under another brand?

I'm not saying we paired together with Rosen to actually build this Navigation. Raxiom worked really hard to source a very well made navigation system with great factory fit and finish. Rosen did a really good job with this Navigation, so Raxiom worked a deal to bring it to the Mustang community!

Hope this clears things up!

-Dan

LOL its $50 cheaper as well from amazon, look like i will ordering it from them instead if I decide to get it.

Hey,

Keep in mind that we do offer a 6% forums exclusive discount and we will price match if you still can find it cheaper elsewhere. It seems we're about $50 more expensive than the competition (before a 6% discount), however we offer an additional 1 year warranty on this item! That won't change the fact that we will offer price matching, even though we offer a longer warranty. We want to make sure our customers are always taken care of and will do whatever it takes to keep you guys happy!

I hope this helps!

-Dan

That helps Dan. Thanks a lot.

I got one last question. Does that USB/AUX-in button grab input for the RCA cables? This means almost any 3rd party device, such as new phone mobile phone/tablet is good to go.

Yes, this is correct. You can use just about any 3rd party device!

-Dan

AMDanBailer

Hey guys,

I wanted to clear up a few things about this new Navigation. We're really excited to bring this to the Mustang Community. It's awesome on my personal 2011 GT and we've been playing with it for a few months on our 2014 GT.

Raxiom has been working with Rosen to bring this to the Mustang world and be able to offer a 2-year warranty (instead of 1 year) and same-day shipping. Obviously, we wanted to show the factory quality and fit/finish. The huge benefit with this is that we stand behind Raxiom products and will bend-over backwards to make sure that you guys get taken care of.

We've spent alot of time testing this Nav. and making sure that it came with the right ease of installation, fitment and look/feel of a factory unit. Rosen knocked it out of the park and with Raxiom's help, alot of Mustang owners are now getting to add an option they wish their Mustang came with for thousands cheaper!

As for price matching, hit me up directly because we typically don't match Amazon. That deal on Amazon probably isn't going to last forever, but we obviously want to keep you guys happy as customers. Between the 6% discount that we have offered our friends here at SVT for years or price-matching, we'll always be the same price or cheaper than our competitors. With that, we'll try to always bring you better service!

Let me know if you guys have any other questions at all!

Dan

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
Could you guys possibly make an in depth video of this? Since it's new, not many people have detailed videos on it, let alone detailed info!

wikdlx

The Bone
Established Member

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member

dc2r

Established Member
I just installed the metra, maestro and a kenwood dnx690hd and it is awesome! Of course I upgraded the speakers, added a sub and amp plus 2 tweeters

i was reading consumer reviews on the 890 unit and i see many complaints about the unit freezing up and slow startups. does your 690 do this? i'm not sure if those reviews were just from frustrated users who did not read the manual or updated the software.

wikdlx

The Bone
Established Member
i was reading consumer reviews on the 890 unit and i see many complaints about the unit freezing up and slow startups. does your 690 do this? i'm not sure if those reviews were just from frustrated users who did not read the manual or updated the software.

mine has never frozen up. when you first turn the car on there is probably 15-20 seconds of pairing with your bluetooth and nav satellites, I dont find it excessive or annoying

Users who are viewing this thread