Raxiom Navigation w/ Bluetooth & Back-up Camera (10-14)

saunupe1911

Established Member
I'm disappointed that American Muscle has failed to answer questions about video playback.

At this point that seems to be the only thing separating it from a factory setup or another aftermarket setup. That all play video.

Last edited:

c_me_pass_u

Established Member
I'm disappointed that American Muscle has failed to answer questions about video playback.

At this point that seems to be the only thing separating it from a factory setup or another aftermarket setup. That all play video.

You can use your iPod cable without any issues. As of right now the device doesn't play DVD's!

What do you mean by the SD card?

-Dan

Saw this on one of Dan's comments

dc2r

Established Member
Thanks for the answers, Dan. I like the fact the camera goes between the LP lights, as that is a great spot, and a very inconspicuous spot as well.

Is the GPS antenna a shark fin style or something smaller?

And just to confirm, the USB and AUX line-in that are located inside the console are not affected, correct?

in the video posted on youtube, the GPS antenna is just the generic brick that comes with most aftermarket navi units, but in the video they ran the wire through the top seal of the glass and mounted it on the roof. it looked weird to me. the few aftermarket installs that i've seen had the GPS antenna either mounted on the rear parcel shelf under the rear window or on top of the instrument cluster hidden inside the dash... is either way an option to do with this?

there was no mention about the USB/AUX-in. i was hoping it was part of the integration.

Last edited:

dc2r

Established Member
As was mentioned, where do you install the backup camera??? Also can you configure parking grid lines in the backup camera? What about the steering wheel controls, do they still work OK after the install?

in the video AM posted, they had an in-car shot of the screen as the car was backing up and i did not see any parking grid lines, but it was barely 2 seconds of footage so i may be mistaken?

also, from the viewing angle, it appears that the camera was mounted at license plate level, and it was low... really low, as in i can see the undercarriages of the adjacent cars low. not sure how good that is.

the oem camera that came optional in the GT lip spoiler might be a better choice? as i recall it had the parking grid lines.

Last edited:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
in the video posted on youtube, the GPS antenna is just the generic brick that comes with most aftermarket navi units, but in the video they ran the wire through the top seal of the glass and mounted it on the roof. it looked weird to me.

there was no mention of the USB/AUX-in. but then again you do gain the two USB ports with the kit in the new dash storage bin?
I hate that style antenna. I wonder if you can sustitute your own...

as for the USB/AUX-in, bein that those are part of the SYNC system, and this is made to work with SYNC, I would imagine they aren't affected.

Clevor1

Established Member
in the video AM posted, they had an in-car shot of the screen as the car was backing up and i did not see any parking grid lines, but it was barely 2 seconds of footage so i may be mistaken?

also, from the viewing angle, it appears that the camera was mounted at license plate level, and it was low... really low, as i can see the undercarriages of the adjacent cars low. not sure how good that is.

the oem camera that came optional in the GT lip spoiler might be a better choice? as i recall it had the parking grid lines.

I'm pretty sure the camera system is pretty basic. Even the OEM one has the parking grid lines. And yes, if you mount the camera too low, you cannot see how far the bumper is from an object.

Pioneer makes a backup camera where you can calibrate the parking grid lines for accuracy. It also has two views: straight back and from above, so you can see how far the bumper is from an object. Problem is, I think you have to mount the camera high up, ideally on the trunk lid.

The problem with the OEM camera is the spoiler alone costs $1000 from Ford, and it still has to be painted. Also not sure how well it would integrate with something like the Rosen unit.

And yes the Rosen unit has been on Amazon for quite a while. I wonder why it is no longer available there? It looks to be identical.

These units often have several bugs. I heard the steering wheel controls sometimes don't work fully. Which is why I asked.

stang8psi

Established Member
yup i believe its a stolen and or rebranded Rosen unit!!! good Job AM good Job..

Last edited:

rfugio68

Established Member
LOL its $50 cheaper as well from amazon, look like i will ordering it from them instead if I decide to get it.

Last edited:

scott_0

Established Member
this is what Im going with too! real nice setup, dash kit looks nearly oem

The Maestro is just SOOOOOOO expensive
not really, the dash kit is like $240 and the maestro harness/kit is like $180 on ebay, then w/e Kenwood unit you choose. not bad considering what it looks like and how well it integrates

Users who are viewing this thread