Raxiom Navigation w/ Bluetooth & Back-up Camera (10-14)

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Dumb question but is the back up camera included if not are after market camera's compatible with this system and last question the "instant on" is it only for mustangs with factory back up camera's that have the reverse signal to turn it on because my car that doesn't have a camera how do I get a signal to tell the unit that its on reverse
Signal wire into the reverse lights.

saunupe1911

Established Member
I have a few more dumb questions. I just looked at the installation PDF. Seems extremely straight forward except for the GPS and Backup camera installation. Where's the best spots to put those? I would imagine the backup camera should go under the license plate housing or under the car itself. Also most GPS antennas go inside instead of outside. I'm wondering if it should be placed right near the inside top windshield. I guess I'm really in need of an installation video. I plan to pull the trigger once I can get more info on the video capabilities and installation details. Or it will definitely be a Christmas gift to myself. All bugs and info should ironed out by then.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I would imagine that the wiring would be shown in a diagam if you can find one. If not, there has to be another wire somewhere for reverse...

Zodiac

Established Member
Damn I liked this, but not working with base cars without sync sucks.

Actually I could care less about bluetooth, hoping that's why it only works with sync. Would the backup cam and the actual nav setup work for a base car with no sync?

If not what is the reasoning that it only works with sync?

Last edited:

Clevor1

Established Member
As was mentioned, where do you install the backup camera??? Also can you configure parking grid lines in the backup camera? What about the steering wheel controls, do they still work OK after the install?

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
lame it doesn't work on base cars. Seemed like a really awesome deal at first...now...not at all...

for us base car people anyway.

RusWolf

Established Member
Does it play video via a DVD, iPod cable, or SD card? This is the one thing that's never mentioned and would be a huge reason to get an in dash Nav unit

I would also like to know that, but i doubt it will play a video via DVD since it has no additional slot and you are using your stock system as cd slot. Possibly via ipod cable or sd card..

If OP can clarify that it would be great!

Rct851

Established Member
Seems like there's about 10 buyers in this thread if questions are answered(obviously depending on the answer)

92fiveohfox

Established Member
damn i liked this, but not working with base cars without sync sucks.

Actually i could care less about bluetooth, hoping that's why it only works with sync. Would the backup cam and the actual nav setup work for a base car with no sync?

If not what is the reasoning that it only works with sync?

+100000

AMDanBailer

How is the SD card accessed on the unit? Do you have to pull the bezel/unit out everytime you need to get to it? I hope not...

What baout customizable background imagines and such?

Oh, and does the nav system support live time traffic conditions?

You can access the SD car from the front of the unit very easily. I'll post a picture on how you can do this for you tonight!

There's a ton of different backgrounds and colors to choose from on the unit. As of right now I'm not sure about custom backgrounds!

Yes, the Navigation supports live time traffic conditions. Along with Red light cameras, speed traps and accidents ahead!

-Dan

thanks for answering back dan.

just to be clear: is the factory XM radio unit plug and play into this, or does it require an additional module at added cost like some of the other competitors say is required?

You can plug your Factory XM Radio right into this unit!

-Dan

Does it play video via a DVD, iPod cable, or SD card? This is the one thing that's never mentioned and would be a huge reason to get an in dash Nav unit

You can use your iPod cable without any issues. As of right now the device doesn't play DVD's!

What do you mean by the SD card?

-Dan

Dumb question but is the back up camera included if not are after market camera's compatible with this system and last question the "instant on" is it only for mustangs with factory back up camera's that have the reverse signal to turn it on because my car that doesn't have a camera how do I get a signal to tell the unit that its on reverse

Yes, the back up camera is included! When hooking up the harness you'll see how the Back up camera plugs in. You don't need to splice into anything, it plugs in very easily!

How easy is it to browse through music? Can you do it while using Bluetooth? Of it's connected through a USB cable does it work well with apple devices?

Yes, the device works with apple devices and you can browse through music very easily!

-Dan

I have a few more dumb questions. I just looked at the installation PDF. Seems extremely straight forward except for the GPS and Backup camera installation. Where's the best spots to put those? I would imagine the backup camera should go under the license plate housing or under the car itself. Also most GPS antennas go inside instead of outside. I'm wondering if it should be placed right near the inside top windshield. I guess I'm really in need of an installation video. I plan to pull the trigger once I can get more info on the video capabilities and installation details. Or it will definitely be a Christmas gift to myself. All bugs and info should ironed out by then.

We're in the process of working on a installation/review video so this will definitely help clear things up. However, I can touch base on a few of these questions!

1. The back up camera comes mounted in a plate and mounts perfectly in between the two license plate lights. I can post some pictures of this for you!

2. The GPS antenna can be mounted wherever you'd like to mount it. I ran my to the back of the car and mounted it on the rear seat deck lid! Works great!

-Dan

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Thanks for the answers, Dan. I like the fact the camera goes between the LP lights, as that is a great spot, and a very inconspicuous spot as well.

Is the GPS antenna a shark fin style or something smaller?

And just to confirm, the USB and AUX line-in that are located inside the console are not affected, correct?

RioRed4v

Established Member
Can you address these questions Dan? Definitely am interested in this unit for the Navi portion, but also am curious how well it would perform as an "aftermarket HU".

Wow, thats pretty awesome. Extremely interested in this now. Do you know the volts for pre-outs on it?

For the pre-outs, is it specifically listed as sub, amp, etc if you wanted to run multiple amps off of it?

Varreth

Established Member
Perfect timing. Road trip last weekend using maps on iPhone. Bit of a hazard trying to shift, watch the road, fight the charging cable, scroll/pinch, bangin' around in the cup holder... bah.

Order placed!!

mhyjek

Established Member
Perfect timing. Road trip last weekend using maps on iPhone. Bit of a hazard trying to shift, watch the road, fight the charging cable, scroll/pinch, bangin' around in the cup holder... bah.

Order placed!!
Use an otti mount and with Iphone it will tell you directions through audio it works very well. The Raxiom looks good would like to know more tech specs on the amp for the speakers, also does it keep the amp in the shaker setups?

Users who are viewing this thread