Raxiom Navigation w/ Bluetooth & Back-up Camera (10-14)

AMDanBailer

A little over a month ago at the 5th annual AmericanMuscle Mustang show I very quietly leaked evidence that Raxiom would be coming out with a Navigation system for 10-14 Mustangs! As shown in the photo below, AM raffled off the first Navigation system they had from Raxiom at AM2013.

image-2122025271_zps0c358124.gif

I personally own a fully loaded 2011 GT with the Performance package and Brembo brakes. However, the one option I didn't go with when ordering my car was Navigation, it was a $2,300 option from the factory! As soon as I found out that AmericanMuscle would be working with Raxiom to build a top of the line navigation, I just had to have it. This system features a back up camera, satellite radio and still takes full advantage of the sync system. Now if that wasn't enough, this Navigation notifies you when red light cameras and speed traps are ahead, that's a beautiful thing for led foot Mustang owners like myself!

Raxiom's Navigation System uses iGO Primo 2.0 software that includes Text-To-Speech, voice and visual turn-by-turn on screen 2D, 3D, and Green routing directions, as well as 3D building views for major cities. The Raxiom 7” HD full color touch-screen LCD will display SYNC radio and other SYNC controlled functions in a much higher resolution than the standard 2-line factory display and features an auto dimming mode with manual dimmer control. The included full color rear back-up camera has a built in "Instant on" feature. Were it comes on the screen the moment you select reverse. It supports 5 different languages, and retains all Bluetooth, and usb connections. The Raxiom OE-Style GPS Navigation System with Back-up Camera fits 2010 to 2014 Mustangs equipped with "SYNC", including V6, GT, BOSS and Shelby GT500 models.

I had the pleasure of installing the Raxiom Navigation in my 2011 GT over the weekend. Raxiom includes everything you need to hook this baby up! It was super easy to install. It comes with very detailed instructions, a labeled wiring harness, and all the cables you would need for a very simple plug and play installation. It retains, your steering wheel controls, all your sync capabilities, even your climate control settings come up on the 7" touch screen. It looks almost identical to the OEM navigation at less than half the cost but functions just as well, if not better! From start to finish I had the Navigation box open, in the car and functioning in about an hour and 15 minutes.

Wiring Harness
image-1197079817_zpsb58b15ed.gif

Unit Pre-installed in the face plate
image-4231587303_zps4940de53.jpg Photo by AMShaneLesky | Photobucket

Instruction Guide
image-3314064851_zpseaed11ae.gif

Stock set up apart
photo_zps7f92ce86.gif

Installed pictures
nav2_zpse04d3cd5.gif

nav_zps589da4e3.gif

Raxiom-nav-ford-mustang-americanmuscle_zps2c2af8bb.gif

Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions or would like more information about the Raxiom Navigation. I have personal experience with both stock and now the Raxiom Navigation's and I highly recommend this product!

The Raxiom OE-Style GPS Navigation w/Bluetooth & Back-up Camera will be available on AmericanMuscle.com on October 4, 2013 for $699.99. Raxiom OE-Style GPS Navigation w/ Bluetooth & Back-up Camera RAX-MUST20-US (10-14 All) - Free Shipping RAX-MUST20-US

Read more on the Raxiom OE-Style GPS Navigation w/Bluetooth & Back-up Camera at http://blog.americanmuscle.com/amdan...2010-mustangs/

Stay Tuned!

-Dan

Action Bronson

Established Member
Wow this looks great! I also skipped on the factory nav package in hopes of finding a unit like this for a lot less than Ford's price.

Only question I have is....my car has the factory back up camera option with the screen built into the rear view mirror. Any idea how this unit would work with that?

stang8psi

Established Member
The Raxiom OE-Style GPS Navigation w/Bluetooth & Back-up Camera will be available on AmericanMuscle.com on October 4, 2013 for $699.99. Raxiom OE-Style GPS Navigation w/ Bluetooth & Back-up Camera RAX-MUST20-US (10-14 All) - Free Shipping RAX-MUST20-US

Read more on the Raxiom OE-Style GPS Navigation w/Bluetooth & Back-up Camera at http://blog.americanmuscle.com/amdan...2010-mustangs/

Stay Tuned!

-Dan

not seeing it for that price? I see it for 749.99 and after our discounts it still is not that advertised price you have listed!!! :shrug:

RioRed4v

Established Member
Does the Raxiom unit act as an aftermarket headunit (i.e. can you hook up aftermarket amps via RCA's to it)?

AMDanBailer

Wow this looks great! I also skipped on the factory nav package in hopes of finding a unit like this for a lot less than Ford's price.

Only question I have is....my car has the factory back up camera option with the screen built into the rear view mirror. Any idea how this unit would work with that?

I'll have to look into this for you! You can most likely just keep your back up camera in the mirror and not hook up the back up camera that comes with this navigation, or vice versa.

-Dan

Does the car have to have sync? I have a base non sync car but wwould love this.

Yes, as of right now the car has to have Sync. I'm sorry about that!

-Dan

not seeing it for that price? I see it for 749.99 and after our discounts it still is not that advertised price you have listed!!! :shrug:

Yeah man, the price should be updated to $699.99 on the website!

-Dan

Does the Raxiom unit act as an aftermarket headunit (i.e. can you hook up aftermarket amps via RCA's to it)?

Yes, the unit has hook ups for RCA's!

-Dan

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Is there an option to dim or sleep the screen at night?

I like the fact this unit retains the look and finish of the factory bezel, and this is seriously a big maybe for me come christmas time. :)

How intricate of an install is it? And is the navigation service a paid service right out of the box? Any updates for future roadway changes? Are those free? Or do you get that one time update and that's it...

RioRed4v

Established Member
Yes, the unit has hook ups for RCA's!

-Dan

Wow, thats pretty awesome. Extremely interested in this now. Do you know the volts for pre-outs on it?

For the pre-outs, is it specifically listed as sub, amp, etc if you wanted to run multiple amps off of it?

Monster5.0

5.0>Terminator
Established Member
This is garbage if it doesn't work with non-sync base cars. That would be the whole reason to get one.

dc2r

Established Member
i'm a navi newbie. i still have a paper road atlas in my car lol.

how do you update the maps? is it something you have to download online or is it from a CD that needs to be purchased?

can you provide us a video showing all the features in action? one of my concerns is that this might be slow, laggy or just hangs like some of the cheap chinese offerings commonly found on ebay.

what is the warranty on the electronics? and because this unit interfaces with the OBD2 system, will Ford have a fit with warranty issues?

lastly, is this unit compatible with the oem sirius XM sat radio?

AMDanBailer

Is there an option to dim or sleep the screen at night?

I like the fact this unit retains the look and finish of the factory bezel, and this is seriously a big maybe for me come christmas time. :)

How intricate of an install is it? And is the navigation service a paid service right out of the box? Any updates for future roadway changes? Are those free? Or do you get that one time update and that's it...

Yes, there's dim and sleep options for the Screen!

The installation is super easy, it's all plug and play! I've never been great with wiring and I got this installed in less than an hour. The Navigation services are all free and all updates are free down the road. There's an SD card on the unit that you can remove, plug into your computer and update the maps!

I hope this helps!

-Dan

i'm a navi newbie. i still have a paper road atlas in my car lol.

how do you update the maps? is it something you have to download online or is it from a CD that needs to be purchased?

can you provide us a video showing all the features in action? one of my concerns is that this might be slow, laggy or just hangs like some of the cheap chinese offerings commonly found on ebay.

what is the warranty on the electronics? and because this unit interfaces with the OBD2 system, will Ford have a fit with warranty issues?

lastly, is this unit compatible with the oem sirius XM sat radio?

The Navigation services are all free and all updates are free down the road. There's an SD card on the unit that you can remove, plug into your computer and update the maps!

This unit is not slow or laggy by any stretch of the imagination. We're working on a review/installation video as we speak! I'll post a link to this video as soon as it's completed.

The unit is also compatible with your OEM Sirius XM!

-Dan

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
How is the SD card accessed on the unit? Do you have to pull the bezel/unit out everytime you need to get to it? I hope not...

What baout customizable background imagines and such?

Oh, and does the nav system support live time traffic conditions?

dc2r

Established Member
The unit is also compatible with your OEM Sirius XM!

-Dan

thanks for answering back dan.

just to be clear: is the factory XM radio unit plug and play into this, or does it require an additional module at added cost like some of the other competitors say is required?

saunupe1911

Established Member
Does it play video via a DVD, iPod cable, or SD card? This is the one thing that's never mentioned and would be a huge reason to get an in dash Nav unit

Last edited:

c_me_pass_u

Established Member
Dumb question but is the back up camera included if not are after market camera's compatible with this system and last question the "instant on" is it only for mustangs with factory back up camera's that have the reverse signal to turn it on because my car that doesn't have a camera how do I get a signal to tell the unit that its on reverse

rfugio68

Established Member
How easy is it to browse through music? Can you do it while using Bluetooth? Of it's connected through a USB cable does it work well with apple devices?

Users who are viewing this thread