Rate your 11-14 Coyote Turbo kit

jeffs

Established Member
Hello all, I'd like to hear about what you have, and how you like it, pros / cons. Facebook has a little to much buddies, cousins, nephews neighbor to get a decent perspective lol. I'm interested in how well the parts fit together, how much power she makes, or track times at what boost level etc. Also one of my worries is for kits that need a scavenger pump to get oil back to the engine's pan, am I being ridiculous? I also worry about all the extra parts involved in a twin kit vs single?

You all probably know my story with the CPR, prolly not going to happen.

Last edited:

Reaper14

Established Member
Are you still waiting for your kit? I remember you talking about putting in your order when I ordered my whipple. Did you back out on it?

Vic

jeffs

Established Member
Are you still waiting for your kit? I remember you talking about putting in your order when I ordered my whipple. Did you back out on it?

Vic
Haven't backed out yet, but a person can only tolerate so much bs. My patience is coming to an end, and therefore I'm having to weigh my options unfortunately.

How's that Whipple treating you? If I hadn't already sold my headers, and 20% balancer with my Paxton kit, I'd seriously consider their latest.

Reaper14

Established Member
I like it. Easy install & perfect for what it was intended for. No track near by & wasn't trying to break records so figured a little gen 3 for reliability & daily driving would get the job done. Now just trying to get into 9s with it & keeping it manual. If I ever do go turbo, would probably go with Lunds tt

Vic

Reaper14

Established Member
Turbo, but I would not get rid of my set up to go turbo unless I won the lotto or had money to throw around. I like rowing gears too much to go auto.

Vic

ryan03svt

Established Member
CPR Turbo here. Was told 3-4 month wait, waited just about a full year for all of the pieces to finally arrived. The fit and finish is beyond amazing. Everything fits like it should. The turbo has been on the car over 2 years now and I haven't had a single issue with the kit itself. The car made 612/561 on 7.5lbs. My best track time was a 11.48 @126 through a MT-82. I'm not the best driver but I should be able to get that down to an 11.0. If I had to do it again I'd look a little closer at the Hellion twin kit but in the end I'm happy with my decision to wait it out.

GrabUblue

Established Member
I was in the same boat as you, ready to consider other options. GLAD I didn't. I waited about 11 months.

MRSUPRA

Established Member
8 out of 10 for ON3 twins. Drivers side downpipe didn't fit on my kit, along with a already time consuming install. Once it's on, it flat out works. No issues in 2+ years. Make sure you use a lot of exhaust wrap and heat protection while installing since a lot of wires are crammed near the passenger side exhaust manifold/down pipe.

jeffs

Established Member
I love how what people are told, and what actually happens on the wait is the same old story.

Last edited:

jeffs

Established Member
8 out of 10 for ON3 twins. Drivers side downpipe didn't fit on my kit, along with a already time consuming install. Once it's on, it flat out works. No issues in 2+ years. Make sure you use a lot of exhaust wrap and heat protection while installing since a lot of wires are crammed near the passenger side exhaust manifold/down pipe.
Great info man, thanks for sharing! I love the details!

jeffs

Established Member
CPR Turbo here. Was told 3-4 month wait, waited just about a full year for all of the pieces to finally arrived. The fit and finish is beyond amazing. Everything fits like it should. The turbo has been on the car over 2 years now and I haven't had a single issue with the kit itself. The car made 612/561 on 7.5lbs. My best track time was a 11.48 @126 through a MT-82. I'm not the best driver but I should be able to get that down to an 11.0. If I had to do it again I'd look a little closer at the Hellion twin kit but in the end I'm happy with my decision to wait it out.
That's quite a bit of power for 7.5#s for sure man!!

jeffs

Established Member
I live in a small town, and we actually have 4 stations with E85, but fairly close by, and the biggest City nearby (Salt lake city) only has 1 station with E85, kinda weird.

GrabUblue

Established Member
Why's that, you've experienced less than stellar turbos on other Coyotes?
No experience with other turbos but i run with a fast group of guys. Whipple 15, Paxton 13, whippled 12 shelby, Vmp 13, all auto except the shelby and they just cant handle the turbo. I haven't had a chance to run another turbo coyote yet so cant compare. I made 804/730 on e85. Just finished my auto swap so track times coming soon.

jeffs

Established Member
No experience with other turbos but i run with a fast group of guys. Whipple 15, Paxton 13, whippled 12 shelby, Vmp 13, all auto except the shelby and they just cant handle the turbo. I haven't had a chance to run another turbo coyote yet so cant compare. I made 804/730 on e85. Just finished my auto swap so track times coming soon.
Very nice!!

Users who are viewing this thread