Raptor Ranger NOT coming to USA.

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
Hahahahahahahahahaha, this is only bad for the brand loyal dumbasses.

I remember threads for the Focus RS and posters saying they've been waiting for a sporty hatch to hit the market, like sporty hatches hadn't been on the market before Ford decided to join the club .

I have always wanted a Focus RS-
E
ver since I saw a MK-I Focus RS with a Michigan Manufacturer Plate at various car shows & on the open roads back in the early 2000s.
PLUS, when I'm down in Mexico, I would see the second-generation MK-II Focus RS in green, white & black cruising around.... made me want one even more

[Early 2000s] I did go to Mitsubishi & Subaru dealerships to look at both the WRX-STi & Lancer EVO when they first showed up on our shores but everyone wanted top-dollar and the sales reps never took the time or was motivated to make a sale. So I said to hell with them.....

That's when I stumbled on a great deal on my '04 SY EAP SVTF which I gave in and bought it in hopes of still getting into a Focus RS in the near future.

About five or six years ago, I was working a deal to somehow get one of the MX-market MK-II Focus RS and bring it here stateside but never materialized.....

..............................................................................................................................................

Fast-forward 13 years later....

I still have my same SVTF but I finally got to add a Focus RS to my stable..... guess it only took me 15 years to get my RS.........

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
I can't complain about my Tacoma.... I got a NEW frame, NEW leaf springs, NEW lower control arms, NEW various brackets/components, and all NEW brake lines after the QUIET rusty-frame recall....

.............................................................................................................................

Forgot to mention my Tacoma is a three-pedal/5-speed manual

As soon as Ford said the US-Spec version will be an automatic only- That's when I lost all interest.

But Ford is claiming the up-coming Bronco may have a manual transmission option; but with the stock-value currently sitting at & with their corporate-greed to keep the fat-cats happy, I doubt it will be a reality [manual transmission option]

SAVE THE MANUAL-TRANSMISSIONS!!!!

Last edited:

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Hahahahahahahahahaha, this is only bad for the brand loyal dumbasses.

I remember threads for the Focus RS and posters saying they've been waiting for a sporty hatch to hit the market, like sporty hatches hadn't been on the market before Ford decided to join the club .

Name 3 other options like the Ranger Raptor... That dont look like shit.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Forgot to mention my Tacoma is a three-pedal/5-speed manual

As soon as Ford said the US-Spec version will be an automatic only- That's when I lost all interest.

But Ford is claiming the up-coming Bronco may have a manual transmission option; but with the stock-value currently sitting at & with their corporate-greed to keep the fat-cats happy, I doubt it will be a reality [manual transmission option]

SAVE THE MANUAL-TRANSMISSIONS!!!!
I’m searching for a 02-07 FX4/ll Ranger 5 speed manual right now. At 15 years old they are still at half their original msrp.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Fords crazy not offer the Ranger Raptor here. They'll only lose a few F150 Raptor sales and the combined total sold will be greater.
Very disappointing if this is true.
-J

Recon

Established Member
As stupid as it sounds it might not be ready for the US. Being I don’t think ford is foolish enough to not offer it in the US. But I’ve been wrong before, who knows.
They could offer the next gen F150 raptor with the new pushrod 7L, hopped up of course. Then the little ranger raptor could get the 3.5L eco boost as the optional bigger engine. Your V8 purists would return for the 7L raptor and those who love the eco boost would still get it in the ranger.

Pick your poison.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
Just watched a Ford commercial with Brian Cranston
Relax they’ve got it all figured out
( lol)

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Well realistically, if you look at other brands that are succeeding it's for a few reasons. While my Dad and Best friend both work for Ford, I don't buy Ford any longer. Because it just doesn't make sense.

I went to buy a new Tundra. The Tundra and Tacoma have a very definitive separation from one another. I don't see the Tacoma as a baby Tundra, because it's far from it. The submodels of Tundra are clearly defined, I get nothing with a base, SR5 with minor options/comfort items, Limited with the best, and TRD for off roading. I didn't have to say "Well I want package 200a" and they say "Oh I'm sorry, you can't get that color with 200a. But with 201a you can and you get this electronic option that will break in 3 years out of warranty and will cost 9k to repair".

It's all gimmicks built into packages to pad the numbers, and buyers have wised up to it. When I go to buy a new smartphone, I don't want to 16 options on one phone. Give me the screen size I want, in the memory size I want, and i'm happy.

Too many options is worse than not enough.

Malern28us

Established Member
Premium Member
Well realistically, if you look at other brands that are succeeding it's for a few reasons. While my Dad and Best friend both work for Ford, I don't buy Ford any longer. Because it just doesn't make sense.

I went to buy a new Tundra. The Tundra and Tacoma have a very definitive separation from one another. I don't see the Tacoma as a baby Tundra, because it's far from it. The submodels of Tundra are clearly defined, I get nothing with a base, SR5 with minor options/comfort items, Limited with the best, and TRD for off roading. I didn't have to say "Well I want package 200a" and they say "Oh I'm sorry, you can't get that color with 200a. But with 201a you can and you get this electronic option that will break in 3 years out of warranty and will cost 9k to repair".

It's all gimmicks built into packages to pad the numbers, and buyers have wised up to it. When I go to buy a new smartphone, I don't want to 16 options on one phone. Give me the screen size I want, in the memory size I want, and i'm happy.

Too many options is worse than not enough.

I feel the same way. To tell me, in a vehicle that I am buying, that I cannot select a color without selecting a specific package is silly. Guess you don't want my money or don't need it. I find it really amazing when you are asking around $50k for the vehicles I am interested in purchasing.
Are you listening FORD?

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
I think the articles took the year out of context. There are multiple Ranger Raptors running around Dearborn and i doubt they would have them without knowing the truck is going to come to market.

I assume since they arent mules that the Raptor version is going to be release at a later date, maybe a 2020 or later? Maybe after a refresh of the model?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Come to the darkside.. We have sushi!

15s7omb.jpg

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Come to the darkside.. We have sushi!

View attachment 1524141

That’s a good looking 4Runner. Have they put a better motor in them? My parents have an 01 or 02 can’t remember which one. It was before they switched to the next body. They have a V6 it’s been bulletproof but seems way underpowered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
It's a 270hp DOHC 4.0 Still underpowered, but it has enough for me. It does everything I need it to do and is definitely better than the engine that was in my 2011 JKU Wrangler.

Users who are viewing this thread