RaptoberX

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
My truck made it into an article on RaptoberX:cool: Mine is the Ruby Red with the plate "PHILOSO". Despite the gopro and phone mount, all my video sucked:(

RaptoberX Terrorizes The Rally Ready Ranch In Austin
DSC_6567_3_20.jpg
DSC_6629_1_20.jpg
DSC_6523_3_30.jpg

DSC_6523_3_30.jpg

Last edited:

FJohnny

Established Member
Very cool! Nice to see one actually stray off the asphalt. Great looking truck.

The front end sure compresses on landing, huh? Are the Fox struts that come with the Raptor good for this or would something a little heavier be preferred? I was telling my brother he should look into the Raptor/Fox strut and shock setup for his '18 F150 to also get the 2" leveling in front that the struts can provide. His front end is even a bit heavier because of his Roush S/C setup. He doesn't really offroad much but it's his go to hunting vehicle so it sees plenty of uneven fields.

Would you recommend this?

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Bad ass man.
Awesome photos and awesome looking truck. I like how you use it as it was "meant" to be used.

I'm thinking of a Raptor SCAB for my next daily driver, which won't be for a long time now. I won't even be doing any offroading at all. Just hauling ass back and forth to work to pay for it. LOL :D

94slowbra1

Established Member

The front end sure compresses on landing, huh? Are the Fox struts that come with the Raptor good for this or would something a little heavier be preferred? I was telling my brother he should look into the Raptor/Fox strut and shock setup for his '18 F150 to also get the 2" leveling in front that the struts can provide. His front end is even a bit heavier because of his Roush S/C setup. He doesn't really offroad much but it's his go to hunting vehicle so it sees plenty of uneven fields.

its not just as easy as a shock/spring swap to a non raptor truck. the raptor stuff is longer than standard f150 stuff due to the wider trac width. you would be better off buying a fox/king/icon set up for standard f150s. plenty of good options out there

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
awesome, anything done to it or is it stock. looks like a great time
It is stock. I really need to get a rear bump-stop kit. There were a few landings that made my back not so happy.

It is hard to tell in the first pic but where the front wheels landed is about 6ft lower than the top of the jump. So I don't think the compression is too much. Despite wanting to believe it is a trophy truck...it is not
Ecoboost motor? Lol
Can't tell if serious.

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
My. Man.

I love it when people actually take their Raptors offroading. Some of the best times of my life have been hauling ass through Death Valley at 90+ mph.

I need to get down there to Austin and do a Raptor rally with you guys sometime!

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
My. Man.

I love it when people actually take their Raptors offroading. Some of the best times of my life have been hauling ass through Death Valley at 90+ mph.

I need to get down there to Austin and do a Raptor rally with you guys sometime!
If they follow the same schedule as this year...there will be one around February at Rally Ready, another Mayish somewhere here in TX and again around October. The events are a lot of fun. Have you been to TexPlex? https://www.texplexpark.com/ I hear good things, going to try and go for their pre-runner day Dec 14.

rwleonard

Established Member
Great stuff! I would like to find a place to do that type of off-roading in my area. Mostly mud and rocks that I have found so far.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Which rear bump stop kit are you thinking of going with?
SVC?

Love the Ruby Reds for both generations.

Users who are viewing this thread