Random Picture Thread

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
From last weekends race at COTA

F674DEA0-CE7E-478D-B369-1E0DD6D1C3BD.jpeg

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
Was on a job and this old girl came chugging by.

You guys probably think these are simply the trains Canada still uses though. :D
View attachment 1723019

That's not a Canadian train. It doesn't even have square wheels.
uRSKdVz.png

That said, I was listening to the clatter of my diesel the other day and thought how beautiful it sounded, that it would be such a shame that future generations will never know that- they'll be too content with the silence of EVs. Then I wondered if the old timers thought the same way about diesel. Steam is still cool though. It's got a nature all its own. So many vivid descriptions of it, often likening it to some living, breathing behemoth. It breathes fire, belches smoke, huffs and puffs, all lumbering along just tons and tons of steel. It's like a mechanical dragon. Thousands upon thousands of moving parts, all working together just to turn wheels and do work for us, with a brute force few of us can fathom.

Friend of mine just finished up this two-tone on his new F150. With the grill and the chrome, it looks like a 80s retro-style. This is definitely how it should be offered from the factory.

View attachment 1723409

That looks awesome.

blownstang01

Established Member
That's not a Canadian train. It doesn't even have square wheels.
uRSKdVz.png

That said, I was listening to the clatter of my diesel the other day and thought how beautiful it sounded, that it would be such a shame that future generations will never know that- they'll be too content with the silence of EVs. Then I wondered if the old timers thought the same way about diesel. Steam is still cool though. It's got a nature all its own. So many vivid descriptions of it, often likening it to some living, breathing behemoth. It breathes fire, belches smoke, huffs and puffs, all lumbering along just tons and tons of steel. It's like a mechanical dragon. Thousands upon thousands of moving parts, all working together just to turn wheels and do work for us, with a brute force few of us can fathom.

That looks awesome.
Funny you should say this. While at the Ford museum and other travels that have put me in front of old steam engine trains, I could stare at the engineering and building of these beasts for hours. I have always been truly amazed at what we accomplished when the industrial revolution was in its infancy. While I'm also quite interested in what computers and automation have done for manufacturing, there is something way different in what our grandparents (Great and great-great grandparents) have accomplished.

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Went to a Trunk and Treat Car Show Saturday Night. A few highlights of the cars. I was hesitant to take pictures of the better Halloween outfits. Sadly, in today's world it may not have been appropriate.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Picked up a drag pack on FB market place. 15x10s, 17x4.5, skinnies have zero miles on em, nitto nt555r have most of the tread left. Wouldn’t be my first choice of tire but can’t find shit right now. Only paid $650 for all of it

D0E7B551-33D2-4255-B2A4-587ECCA84D48.jpeg

Darn site still rotating pics when you resize

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Picked up a drag pack on FB market place. 15x10s, 17x4.5, skinnies have zero miles on em, nitto nt555r have most of the tread left. Wouldn’t be my first choice of tire but can’t find shit right now. Only paid $650 for all of it

View attachment 1724454

Darn site still rotating pics when you resize

I scored similarly years back finding a set of 18" NTO5r's mounted on a set of wheels still having the factory score line in the middle tread. Called the guy to see if they were still available at his asking of $500 and he said "yes, but if you pick them up today I will take $400".

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Friend of mine just finished up this two-tone on his new F150. With the grill and the chrome, it looks like a 80s retro-style. This is definitely how it should be offered from the factory.

View attachment 1723409
I agree, BigPoppa! That is really a NICE retro-style paint scheme. Looks classy! Is that black paint or dark blue? Either would look awesome contrasting with the white portion and chrome.

Users who are viewing this thread