Random Picture Thread

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
It's a clone, the owner has a real one..
clone.jpg

clone-s-motor.jpg

clone-s-stripes.jpg

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
I've got to disagree with the 80's Cutlass, not just because of my bias. In the 90's G-bodies were one of the top dogs, usually over the 3rd gen F-bodies and foxes. They were so easy to stuff big blocks in, and were regularly running with the older 70's muscle cars at the track. I had one friend with a 454 powered Monte SS and it moved out. Lots of 305s swapped out for 350s and 454s, and 307s swapped for 350s, 403s, and even 455s. They were bad.

Monte Carlo
1988-chevy-monte-carlo-front-side-view.jpg

Cutlass
1.jpg

LeMans
72da0f531233ea3672d5cf750042f27e.jpg

El Camino
8661725983454350_a9ce7babdb_o.jpg

But they suffered from success. So many of them got ragged out and sent to the boneyard, you really don't see them anymore, a lot like the 3rd gen F-bodies. But there's starting to be a resurgence with the ones that did survive, some of the less desirable ones that managed to avoid being used and abused. Lots of LS powered Malibus showing up now.

Malibu
30045022696_5357414e9f_b.jpg

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member

Those Nikes are the shit though. Got em with a blue swoosh and a gum bottom. Straight classics.

Get a lot of compliments. Apparently the right response is "thanks" and not "they're not your size bro".

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
1. I can hear that 1980 Cutlass brakestanding in the high school parking lot and leaving it's 15 foot one wheel peel mark. The trick was you held the brake as hard as you could and pushed the gas down until you heard the rockers clacking.

2. I hated the "Fuselage" Mopars.

3. Cher was always an insufferable ****.

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
I loved the old GTX's.

Also forgot to post another one up. I always thought the Shelby Charger GLHS was the less desirable of the 80's Shelbys. The Omni was more coveted due to it's lighter weight (2205lb vs 2489lb.)

It's amazing how unassuming they were. Whereas the Shelby Charger had the unique front clip and distinctive stripe and lettering packages, the Omni GLHS just looked like a regular old Omni, which was a pretty uninspiring econocar to begin with.

I almost bought a Shelby Charger, but when I got there it was a total basket case. Rusted out, fuel leaking everywhere, transmission broken, rod knock, turbo needed a rebuild, and the tires had wires sticking out everywhere. It had the Flintstone package- you could see road under the seats, which was pretty handy because your feet were the only thing that could move it. Guy wouldn't budge on price. I got the impression it was a case of "You need to sell that damn eyesore in the driveway!" "I'm trying honey, but no one seems to want to buy it..."

Dodge Omni GLHS:
the-omni-glh-is-awesome-and-has-a-curse-word-in-its-name-1477100221277-515x320.jpg

Dodge-Omni-GLHS-Shelby.jpg

glhs-jpg.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I loved the old GTX's.

Also forgot to post another one up. I always thought the Shelby Charger GLHS was the less desirable of the 80's Shelbys. The Omni was more coveted due to it's lighter weight (2205lb vs 2489lb.)

It's amazing how unassuming they were. Whereas the Shelby Charger had the unique front clip and distinctive stripe and lettering packages, the Omni GLHS just looked like a regular old Omni, which was a pretty uninspiring econocar to begin with.

I almost bought a Shelby Charger, but when I got there it was a total basket case. Rusted out, fuel leaking everywhere, transmission broken, rod knock, turbo needed a rebuild, and the tires had wires sticking out everywhere. It had the Flintstone package- you could see road under the seats, which was pretty handy because your feet were the only thing that could move it. Guy wouldn't budge on price. I got the impression it was a case of "You need to sell that damn eyesore in the driveway!" "I'm trying honey, but no one seems to want to buy it..."

Dodge Omni GLHS:
View attachment 1701935
View attachment 1701936
View attachment 1701937
An old friend of mine used to own a Dodge Shelby Charger. A shadow of the original Dodge Charger. Back then, the Shelby Charger was a decent "performance" car. He planned to keep it forever. THAT ended up to be maybe 5 years. LOL. I have to admit I liked it, at the time. Such was the state of automotive performance back in the '80s.

Users who are viewing this thread