Random Picture Thread

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Abandoned Town – Novi Cidade de Kilamba (or Kilamba New City), near Luanda, Angola. The city was designed to house up to 500,000 people when complete, and built by the state-owned China International Trustand Investment Corporation few years ago. It has 750 colorful eight-story apartment blocks, a dozen schools, shopping malls with cinema, a five-star hotel and more than 100 retail units. Only 220 apartments had been sold from the first 2800 until July 2015 but now the city is abandoned.

image39.jpg

image40.jpg

image41.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Abandoned Theater – Loew’s King’s Theater, New York. It had been abandoned but is apparently being renovated. Located at 1025-1035 Flatbush Avenue, the space is the largest indoor theater in Brooklyn, the third largest theater in New York City, and will be the centerpiece of a revitalized Flatbush.

image14.jpg

image15.jpg

RES0574

Established Member
Abandoned Theater – Loew’s King’s Theater, New York. It had been abandoned but is apparently being renovated. Located at 1025-1035 Flatbush Avenue, the space is the largest indoor theater in Brooklyn, the third largest theater in New York City, and will be the centerpiece of a revitalized Flatbush.

View attachment 1571930

View attachment 1571931
It has already been renovated. They have comedy shows, music acts, art festivals, etc there now. Across the street is a great Mexican joint, Los tres Chiflados, if you are in the area.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It has already been renovated. They have comedy shows, music acts, art festivals, etc there now. Across the street is a great Mexican joint, Los tres Chiflados, if you are in the area.
Yeah, in the article I had gotten the photos from they mentioned the renovation. I don't get down that way often, but I made a note in my "recommended restaurants" for Los tres Chiflados. I love Mexican food!

Users who are viewing this thread