Ran the 2011 5.0 today, on Pirellis, 11.9's

levelbelow2000

Established Member
I went to the track today with my 2011 5.0 6-speed manual. My car is a Premium 400a. Wanted to get some more 11 sec. timeslips, I got 4 off them. Car was hooking pretty good on the stock 19in Pirellis.

Mods:
*Lethal Performance O/R X-pipe
*Flowmaster Axle-Back
*JLT cai
*Revolution Automotive tune
*UPR upper and lower control arms and Panhard Bar
*BMR lowering springs

1st pass: [email protected] 1.85 60ft.
2nd pass: [email protected] 1.79 60ft.
3rd pass: [email protected] 1.81 60ft.
4th pass: [email protected] 1.82 60ft.
5th pass: [email protected] 1.83 60ft.
6th pass: [email protected] 2.22 60ft.

The last run I tried to get to aggressive with the launch and it spun real bad. Was launching at 2500rpm and seemed to hook real good. I cant believe it pulled 119mph and I was excited about the 1.79 60ft. on stock Pirelli tires.

I did make 2 runs with a set of Nitto 555r 18in drag radials that a friend of mine brought to the track with him. I didnt have good success on them, they spun bad, so I switched back to the Pirellies, go figure.

1st pass: [email protected] 1.98 60ft.
2nd pass: [email protected] 2.02 60ft

levelbelow2000

Established Member
very nice, do you have anything to reduce weight? or are you running full car weight?
3.73 gears as well?

Car has 3.73's in it. I took my rear seat out today, but I dont think it helped though. I have ran 11.9's before with the rear seat in. Other then that its full weight.

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Nice times :rockon:

Leave the rear seat in, it is much more impressive when people at the track look at the car and see that it is full interior!

FORD4U

Established Member
thats just crazy and impressive all in one, to think 11's on street tires and 19's at that, with just a few bolt ons, i want a new 5.0 bad

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Nice runs! You are really diversified with your mods, as it looks like you have something from everyone.

levelbelow2000

Established Member
Nice runs! You are really diversified with your mods, as it looks like you have something from everyone.
Thanks everybody, yeah I'm not biased to any company, I just use what works the best. I think I have a pretty good combination so far. Cant wait to run it on slicks and skinnys in the spring.
what air pressure were you running?

I run 17psi in them and do a nice burnout avoiding the water box.

venumus93

Established Member
Thanks everybody, yeah I'm not biased to any company, I just use what works the best. I think I have a pretty good combination so far. Cant wait to run it on slicks and skinnys in the spring.

I run 17psi in them and do a nice burnout avoiding the water box.

Great times man! Did you put all of the suspension on at once? Reason I ask is that I have horrible wheel hop on mine, so am going to go with a Steeda UCA to hopefully eliminate it and be able to get down the track without hopping through 2+ gears :nonono:

Thanks,
Sean

levelbelow2000

Established Member
Great times man! Did you put all of the suspension on at once? Reason I ask is that I have horrible wheel hop on mine, so am going to go with a Steeda UCA to hopefully eliminate it and be able to get down the track without hopping through 2+ gears :nonono:

Thanks,
Sean

Thanks, I put all the suspension on at the same time, actually got it before I got the car.:) When I got my car it wheel hoped like crazy now I have no wheel hope at all. Steeda and UPR sell basic no wheel hope kits. With UCA and LCA's. The should solve your problem.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
badass the new 5.0 is nasty bolt ons and drive it like you stole it and run 11's, but 117-119mph traps seem really high or is it just me? esp for your mods esp when stock they trap 108-114 thats a big gain for bolt ons isnt it? lol either way sick times!

venumus93

Established Member
Thanks, I put all the suspension on at the same time, actually got it before I got the car.:) When I got my car it wheel hoped like crazy now I have no wheel hope at all. Steeda and UPR sell basic no wheel hope kits. With UCA and LCA's. The should solve your problem.

Cool, thanks for the info. I have the Steeda street/strip UCA on the way and will hopefully have it installed this week. I am actually hoping that eliminates the wheel hop on its' own. Unfortunately this is the last week our track is open for test & tune this year, so will not be able to get to the 1/4 mile until Jan sometime. I want to run it 'stock', before my Steeda CAI & Bama custom tune goes on, then afterwards to see what kind of E/T & MPH gains I get.

Thanks,
Sean

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
badass the new 5.0 is nasty bolt ons and drive it like you stole it and run 11's, but 117-119mph traps seem really high or is it just me? esp for your mods esp when stock they trap 108-114 thats a big gain for bolt ons isnt it? lol either way sick times!

117-119 is just average for full boltons. 112-114 is good for stock in really good air.

Users who are viewing this thread