Ran over a dead deer..need help.

quik cobra

Established Member
Okay so yesterday I was driving to work at 4 in the morning and to my surprise I see a big lump of dead something in the road and have no time to react so I ran this thing over. i don't mean just the tires, I mean my whole damn car jumped when I ran this over. first off I have no idea how I made it over it and more surprisingly not a thing was tore up, busted,, broke, cracked or anything. My car is pretty low so I was astonished at those things, I just mentioned. Anyway so here is my problem, now my car smells like a rotten ass bbq. I went to the self car wash hoping that a soapy pressure wash of the undercarriage would wash it all away but no. It did make it not so strong but it's still there. So I'm going to have to jack the car up and really get to cleaning I guess. So my question for you guys is what would be the best cleaner, chemical or solvent to use under there to get rid of this crap?

BTW I stopped and got out of my car and moved the damn thing off the road like who ever hit it should have.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tispho

Established Member
Jack up the car, break out some steel wool and metal polish. The nasty parts are the parts that are stuck to your exhaust. The rest can probably just be hosed off

quik cobra

Established Member
Yeah I have a feeling there is a bunch of it. I tried looking underneath to see if there were chunks of meat stuck to it but I couldn't see any, but I really cant get a good look until I'm under it anyway.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
I did the same thing in my old 01 cobra. I spent hours under my car with a respirator on. Using a powerwasher, poorboys APC (first cut 3:1 then 50/50), steel wool, SS brushes and a shit load of elbow grease. Had about 95% of it out by the time I was done. I just let the rest burn off and the smell had gone by that point

I pulled about 5 pounds of meat, guts, and one eyeball out from under the car. the worst was on the exhaust and IRS.

Good luck

Last edited:

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
I was going to say the same....get it up in the air and clean it really good, especially the exhaust.

quik cobra

Established Member
I did the same thing in my old 01 cobra. I spent hours under my car with a respirator on. Using a powerwasher, poorboys APC (first cut 3:1 then 50/50), steel wool, SS brushes and a shit load of elbow grease. Had about 95% of it out by the time I was done. I just let the rest burn off and the smell had gone by that point

I pulled about 5 pounds of meat, guts, and one eyeball out from under the car. the worst was on the exhaust and IRS.

Good luck
This is exactly what I was afraid I was going to have to do. I was hoping for some miracle chemical or cleaner.lol

Id spray it with some Fabreeze, then go trade it in.
This was my first thought but they would probably wonder why I was spraying the underside of my car continuously with it.hahaha

Last edited by a moderator:

greenscobie86

Established Member
**** that is nasty! Good luck OP.

I'd be pissed if that happened to me, a pressure washer will probably help a whole bunch in this case.

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Just leave your car out in the middle of nowhere, and let nature do the dirty work. Ants will have that thing crystal clean in a week.

No but really, hoist the car up and grab a power washer. Good luck.

quik cobra

Established Member
I was pretty pissed when it happened. I just don't understand if you hit something like that, your most likely going to stop anyway so why not go move it out of the road.

Luckily I do have a power washer though.

quik cobra

Established Member
well the smell is almost gone....guess the febreeze is working. im still going to get under there this weekend and get all the rest of that shit out from under there though.

Users who are viewing this thread