Ran a TBSS...

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
I couldn't get the guy to stop, so I have no idea what mods he had, but it sounded cammed. Ran a few times on the highway, worst he got me was 1.5 cars to 120. Not too shabby.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I assume you where in the X5? lol

cmsnake

Established Member
I couldn't get the guy to stop, so I have no idea what mods he had, but it sounded cammed. Ran a few times on the highway, worst he got me was 1.5 cars to 120. Not too shabby.

My brother drives one. Its stock and honestly not that quick, so Im sure he was modded. How do you like your x5 4.6? Just curious. I just traded my 545i/6 in for an '11 GT.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Never been impressed with the Trailblazer SS, in either looks or performance. I lined up against one at a light a few weeks back and slaughtered the poor guy.

Last edited:

chevellecobra

Established Member
I have an 07 TBSS. It is a great DD and goes well in the snow. I would not really use it as a toy just because it would take a lot of money to make it fast. I liked it better than the JC SRT8 because it was a little bigger and gets about 17 mpg around town. It is just a matter of personal taste.

I think it looks good and it definately has a decent amount of power :shrug:

T-Bolt

Established Member
My brother drives one. Its stock and honestly not that quick, so Im sure he was modded. How do you like your x5 4.6? Just curious. I just traded my 545i/6 in for an '11 GT.

I love it man, it handles like no other SUV out there. Plus it has more gadgets than I could ever need (power reclining and heated REAR seats anyone?).

JS01SNAKE

Established Member
tbss's are ok.. they'd make a sweet dd, i wouldnt mind having one for that. I had a quick pull against one before (unknown mods) from 50 mph 3rd to end of 4th and pulled it pretty good although it was expected, they are heavy. seem'd stock besides exhaust..

AWDLS2

Established Member
is ur bmw stock? cuz the tbss had to of been a stock awd to only pull you by that much imo

T-Bolt

Established Member
is ur bmw stock? cuz the tbss had to of been a stock awd to only pull you by that much imo

Intake, high-flow cats, cat-back, and chip. Honestly, I've run a stock one before, and I put a car length or two on one on the highway. My car has pretty good highway gearing, and the TBSS is a beast off the line, but the X5 is built for highway runs.

DarkMach1

Established Member
Good run OP. I think GM had the right idea with putting the LS2 in the TBSS, although they dropped the ball when they decided to use clutch driven fans and the weak 4l70e on such a heavy vehicle. Though, I still prefer my TBSS over the JGC.

AWDLS2

Established Member
Intake, high-flow cats, cat-back, and chip. Honestly, I've run a stock one before, and I put a car length or two on one on the highway. My car has pretty good highway gearing, and the TBSS is a beast off the line, but the X5 is built for highway runs.

oh gotcha ya then it prolly was a bolt on awd, they pull pretty decent on the freeway compared to most SUVs but i guess i could see a modded x5 keeping up well.

Users who are viewing this thread