Ran a 03 1.8t GTI

1997SVTSNAKE

Established Member
My friend just bought a 03 1.8t GTI it has cat back exhaust, larger intercooler , 93 oct chip and and a shifter. We had two races. The driver is new to driving a stick and i am sure he will do better over time. The frist race is from a roll and i took that race with about 5-6 lenghts and then shut it down. The second was from a roll(40) it was better for him and buy 100 i had him by 5 and then shut it down. Nice car i think it might have been closer if it was a better driver.

** I am not saying that i will beat all GTI's but i beat this one. I know i will take heat from the DR for this one.**

ur bittn

By the snake
Established Member
GTI :lol1: I am sorry but every time someone brings one of those up it reminds me of those stupid Commercials.

justin99

Established Member
i would say that you should beat him but probably not that bad. but still a good run. those things can be quick.

Sephiroth

Established Member
1997SVTSNAKE said:
The frist race is from a roll and i took that race with about 5-6 lenghts and then shut it down. The second was from a roll(40) it was better for him and buy*(BY, or by, not ((I am going to 'buy' a car) 100 i had him by 5 and then shut it down.

No offense, I fixed your story a little.
Anywho, it is 'by', as in , I beat him 'by' 5 car's. Or, I walked on by.
Not to be confused with, I said goodBYE, or I told her, BYE.
I walked down the road BY a mailbox, it was pretty. :read:

Sephiroth

Established Member
justin99 said:
i would say that you should beat him but probably not that bad. but still a good run. those things can be quick.

They can be yes, but not anywhere near what a SRT-4 or a Cobalt SS can be(or maybe I don't see much aside from one new poster here).
I've never had any trouble beating them around my way in my stock GT, much less my modded neon. :shrug:
And no offense to the only 'one' I've known to run balls out at 99mph @ 14.7, I ran faster than that in my stock GT.......won't say what my 'neon' runs, without a turbo though :D (faster than my GT.) :rockon:

SilverELEX

Established Member
I really dont understand why people on this forum love to race GTIs. I have one and theyre great fun to drive, but come on is it really that big of an accomplishment to beat one?

WillyBob98

First On Race Day
Established Member
ur bittn said:
GTI :lol1: I am sorry but every time someone brings one of those up it reminds me of those stupid Commercials.

U replied the same way when i posted my gti kill. just because u have 430 hp doesnt meen u couldnt loose to one. My cousin has a mach 1 with 470 at the wheels and lost to one at the track with nitr. and upgrade turbo. So why cant u just be cool and say nice kill.

Last edited:

WillyBob98

First On Race Day
Established Member
SilverELEX said:
I really dont understand why people on this forum love to race GTIs. I have one and theyre great fun to drive, but come on is it really that big of an accomplishment to beat one?

If you look at my race against the gti i said he is the one who asked. its under first kill with the cobra. And yes it was fun beating him after he attempted to clown me in front of that hot girl. And just because ur 1.8 t is stock and slow doesnt mean there is not really fast ones like the on that beat my cousins car that would more then likely beat ur car. My friends 98 ss camaro also lost to one around my house. His camaro runs 12.7

SilverELEX

Established Member
98Sn8ke said:
If you look at my race against the gti i said he is the one who asked. its under first kill with the cobra. And yes it was fun beating him after he attempted to clown me in front of that hot girl. And just because ur 1.8 t is stock and slow doesnt mean there is not really fast ones like the on that beat my cousins car that would more then likely beat ur car. My friends 98 ss camaro also lost to one around my house. His camaro runs 12.7

Im sorry was anyone specifically talking to you? Nah not really. But hey, i agree, your Cobra would be a good race for a 1.8T :kaboom: :thumbsup: BTW, I would hope a 12.70 car would win against a stock daily driver GTI. Is 12.70 even considered quick these days?

Last edited:

DrZacharyus

Banned
im faster than a stock srt-4
ive beaten one
i stayed with a modded one (waste gate set to 20lbs, CCA fmic, k&N, 3inch cattless downpipe with cutout, stage 1) on the highway from 60-125ish

but good kill sir! :banana:

WillyBob98

First On Race Day
Established Member
SilverELEX said:
Im sorry was anyone specifically talking to you? Nah not really. But hey, i agree, your Cobra would be a good race for a 1.8T :kaboom: :thumbsup: BTW, I would hope a 12.70 car would win against a stock daily driver GTI. Is 12.70 even considered quick these days?

Well when you said you dont understand why "People" love to race these things, you were talkin to me because i posted one the other night about beating one. And you know what, i guess it was a good race since my car is STOCK and he had his boost turned up. And oh yea, i can promise you that gti i raced could have beaten your car stock. 225hp 14.5 ish is what ur car is stock, yea it could have beaten you stock. so considering mine is stock i guess modded GTI's are good races for me. I think its funny how you talk trash about gti's being a good race for me saying my car is slow when the one i raced and plenty others with minor bolt ons could beat ur car stock. thats not saying very much for ur car now is it. let me do as much to my car as you did to yours and we'll see whos talkin trash about what cars would be a good race for me.

Last edited:

WillyBob98

First On Race Day
Established Member
And i wasnt talkin about the 12.7 car beating a daily driven gti, i was talking about the gti that beat my cousins car beating ur LX. I didnt say anything close to a 12.7 car beating a daily gti. And im sorry if i think 12.7 is still considered quick, man i guess your way out of my league :shrug:. Whoever doesnt think 12.7 is quick is just a dumbass.

Last edited:

supeg

Established Member
DrZacharyus said:
im faster than a stock srt-4
ive beaten one
i stayed with a modded one (waste gate set to 20lbs, CCA fmic, k&N, 3inch cattless downpipe with cutout, stage 1) on the highway from 60-125ish

but good kill sir! :banana:

No your not, Stock SRT4's run better then 14.7

If you can do better now then prove it and do it and post the slip.

03svtsnakevert

COPASNICKA
Established Member
DrZacharyus said:
i dont have a slip of me running better than that but i have out ran it on the street

well, good...get down to your local drag strip and get us some slips on that beast...

Every GTi I have come against hasn't been all that close...in fact, at $2.50 a gallon it was a waste of time and money... :poke:

SilverELEX

Established Member
03svtsnakevert said:
well, good...get down to your local drag strip and get us some slips on that beast...

Every GTi I have come against hasn't been all that close...in fact, at $2.50 a gallon it was a waste of time and money... :poke:

Yet in your infinite wisdom you keep racin them :rollseyes

SilverELEX

Established Member
98Sn8ke said:
And i wasnt talkin about the 12.7 car beating a daily driven gti, i was talking about the gti that beat my cousins car beating ur LX. I didnt say anything close to a 12.7 car beating a daily gti. And im sorry if i think 12.7 is still considered quick, man i guess your way out of my league :shrug:. Whoever doesnt think 12.7 is quick is just a dumbass.

LOL, kid you are too funny. When a GTI is able to beat my LX ill eat my shoe. And yes, i am way out of your league :)

Wizardrex

THE BIG RED SEXY
Established Member
Is there anyone else on this site that has a GTi or SRT-4 with #'s whp and 1/4 mile.
Howell Automotive claims 452bhp and 476btq hitting 13.4 @ 112 weighing in at 2934lbs on their SRT-4. To me that does not sound right. Any info?

Users who are viewing this thread