• Welcome to SVTPerformance!
ATTENTION!
You may experience intermittent issues while accessing the site over the next 60-90 minutes, as we perform maintenance and upgrades.

Ramps! (Rhino alternative?)

Discussion in 'Terminator Archive' started by Orange Poison, Jun 7, 2004.

1. Orange Poison

Orange Poison Active Member Established Member

Ok,

By reading the various threads on Rhino ramps, in some cases people will report no scraping on the front valance (black piece) and others will say 'yes'... their front end scrapes.

For me, I'm really anal about my car and don't want to take the chance. I'd like to start changing my own oil, so I stumbled across these ramps from Griot's Garage.

I just wanted to ask you fellas if anyone has tried them, and what's your opinion on them if you think they'd work.

Link:

http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?L1=L1_3000&L2=L2_3030&SKU=10142

Thanks!

2. MystiChrome Coupe

MystiChrome Coupe Active Member Established Member

They look like the metal ramps you get at Kmart with some black plastic extensions.

After reading many posts on this subject, I went out & bought the grey rhino ramps ($29.99) & have no problems. I bought them to swap catback, but tried the front also. I looked like it might scrape, but it didn't. Even if it does, just put some boards in front of the ramps.

My car has the stock springs, BTW.

3. bassin247

bassin247 hates reposts Established Member

If you are *that* anal about touching your scuff gaurd, take a 2''x8''x2' and place it before the ramp. The wood prevents it from scuffing the scuff gaurd.

4. Dano

Dano "Book 'em Dano" Established Member

5. lifter213

lifter213 Active Member Established Member

I use the Grey Rhino ramps with a piece of wood in front of each ramp and no touching of the scuff guard. And i'm lowered with the H&R springs. :thumbsup: Those metal ramps from Griots garage do look kinda cheap anyways. And if your not interested in the wood idea before the Rhino ramps. I know i've seen some extensions that go with the rhino ramps somewhere.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2004
  6. Orange Poison

Orange Poison Active Member Established Member

Ok, that sounds good. I'm gonna sound dumb here....do you put the start of each ramp on top of the wood block?

Or do you place them right in front as you describe? I'd think front wheels might potentially kick the wood blocks out??

Sorry for all the questions, just ease my mind.

Thanks

7. vipergts281

vipergts281 Active Member Established Member

Just put the piece of wood in front of the ramp. Go slow....it won't kick out.

8. King03Cobra

King03Cobra New Member Established Member

Rhino ramps makes a low profile version for our cars and cars like a corvette. Unfortunately I bought the standard black ramps and just nailed some 1 foot 2X4 sections together to get my front up about half way on the ramp then it's ok the rest of the way.

9. Z-COBRA

Z-COBRA Bling & Zing Established Member

I made the ones posted on the Mustang world site,and yes they are heavy but they sure work great and I don't need anyone to guide me up the ramps.