RAM TRX debut

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
Because real world, if you want a Raptor and you buy off a dealer lot you arent getting under 70K. Period. And thats assuming you buy from a dealer thats not adding ADMs to it.

There's a leftover 2019 down the road from me with one marked down under 70k. It has a 75k msrp

kaz109

Established Member
7.3 will eventually be the next LS swap fad IMO. Its weight penalty is offset by the sheer power potential in the block with upgraded pistons and rods at the factory displacement.

Ford would absolutely battle the TRX with a port AND direct injection version of the 7.3L NA with hi comp pistons. Stock in the SD, it makes 450hp and 475 torque. With direct injection and more compression, they could easily get over 500, maybe more. Direct injection is a game changer when implemented correctly (with port fuel for valve and runner cleanliness and cold start fueling). If Ford did this it would be game over in my opinion.

I'd be happy with a 5.0 gen 3 or 5.2 Cpc. Even 2 small snails on the damn thing would make it instantly a monster like the TRX.

Now that Hack Job is gone, maybe Farley will find Ford's performance balls again. IDGAF at this point if Farley is TwoFace incarnate, terrorizer of Ford underlings. Compete with FCA making solid cars and trucks people are asking for and I'll have no issue with his time as CEO.

Soooooooo that's the only way Ford can battle the trx , am I understanding this post correctly? Also by battle you mean.......what specifically

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
Soooooooo that's the only way Ford can battle the trx , am I understanding this post correctly? Also by battle you mean.......what specifically

upload_2020-8-19_14-56-42.jpeg

kaz109

Established Member
Man, imagine spending 75k on a 3 liter truck and the same year a 6.2L that makes almost double the power comes out for the same price lol. Same thing going to happen with the Bronco lite with the 2Ls.

I know I would be if that happen to me. Good thing nobody has to worry about it since they aren't the same price. But imho if you can afford 70k for a truck you can afford 85k-90k for a truck. Other ppl my disagree but once you are able to financially afford to spend 70k on truck the extra 15K won't break you.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
God damn, you're making Beliebers and Democrats look like sane and rational people... Christ Almighty, the White Knight is strong in you.

We get it, you just bought one. Have fun. Enjoy the Six-banger.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I can't wait to see how many heads explode over on the Ram forum as I posted that I would rather have this truck than the TRX.
I did say that the TRX is balls, but this Shelby truck is just down right killer. 4X4 as well so it could be my everyday/any weather daily driver.

1.jpg

kaz109

Established Member
God damn, you're making Beliebers and Democrats look like sane and rational people... Christ Almighty, the White Knight is strong in you.

We get it, you just bought one. Have fun. Enjoy the Six-banger.

Lol..... calm down man it's not that serious . You seem to be more concerned about what's in my garage than I am apparently. It was a simple question ? Are you saying battle the trx in overall power? Battle in 0-60/0-100 times?

kaz109

Established Member
I can't wait to see how many heads explode over on the Ram forum as I posted that I would rather have this truck than the TRX.
I did say that the TRX is balls, but this Shelby truck is just down right killer. 4X4 as well so it could be my everyday/any weather daily driver.

View attachment 1657998

I think you and I are the only ones that like this truck on this forum as well lol.....personally for what ppl are praising the trx for I would much rather have this. Hell they even have a lifted one for the ppl that don't off road but just want the look(which seem to be the majority of the ppl that love the trx on this forum)

I do prefer the sport single cab over the crew

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I think you and I are the only ones that like this truck on this forum as well lol.....personally for what ppl are praising the trx for I would much rather have this. Hell they even have a lifted one for the ppl that don't off road but just want the look(which seem to be the majority of the ppl that love the trx on this forum)

I do prefer the sport single cab over the crew
lol
Probably. I LOVE that Shelby truck.

I would never take a Raptor or TRX off road, but I would buy one for my daily. Probably not the Raptor, but more so the TRX. (I hear the Raptor has a bad track record.)

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
lol
Probably. I LOVE that Shelby truck.

I would never take a Raptor or TRX off road, but I would buy one for my daily. Probably not the Raptor, but more so the TRX. (I hear the Raptor has a bad track record.)
The Raptor has a bad track record as a DD? I can’t speak for the Gen1, but the Gen2 is an awesome DD.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
The Raptor has a bad track record as a DD? I can’t speak for the Gen1, but the Gen2 is an awesome DD.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought I read on here about people complaining about issues????

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
7.3 will eventually be the next LS swap fad IMO. Its weight penalty is offset by the sheer power potential in the block with upgraded pistons and rods at the factory displacement.

Ford would absolutely battle the TRX with a port AND direct injection version of the 7.3L NA with hi comp pistons. Stock in the SD, it makes 450hp and 475 torque. With direct injection and more compression, they could easily get over 500, maybe more. Direct injection is a game changer when implemented correctly (with port fuel for valve and runner cleanliness and cold start fueling). If Ford did this it would be game over in my opinion.

I'd be happy with a 5.0 gen 3 or 5.2 Cpc. Even 2 small snails on the damn thing would make it instantly a monster like the TRX.

Now that Hack Job is gone, maybe Farley will find Ford's performance balls again. IDGAF at this point if Farley is TwoFace incarnate, terrorizer of Ford underlings. Compete with FCA making solid cars and trucks people are asking for and I'll have no issue with his time as CEO.
I doubt it.

What makes the LS the swap king is the fact three are Millions of them out there in cars, vans and trucks. You can get one for $200 these days.

Even as a Crate engine, it's still $7k+ and as I said, so far, limited to the SD trucks.

We'll see guys swap it, sure... But we also see guys swap Hellcat engines, wouldn't call that a "fad".

kaz109

Established Member
Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought I read on here about people complaining about issues????

Biggest issues I have is the sound system is God awful! My wife has a Bang & Olufsen in her Q8 so I thought that's what it would sound like in mine. Man I could not have been more wrong.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

View attachment 1657998

I like the shelby truck, or more so the concept of a single cab brawler with 4 wheel drive....wish ford would give us another lightning like this....

ATX5.0

Established Member
I’d take the TRX Hellcat Ram over the v6 raptor. Imagine pulling up to a stop light and gapping the ever living... out of a raptor.
Looks are subjective, both look good but the god awful sound of the raptor is enough to stay away.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
I like the shelby truck, or more so the concept of a single cab brawler with 4 wheel drive....wish ford would give us another lightning like this....
There is abyss or lead foot gray single cab, with a winch on it, just sitting there all sad on my way into town. Every time i pass it i think “that lil guy probably just wants some boost”

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Biggest issues I have is the sound system is God awful! My wife has a Bang & Olufsen in her Q8 so I thought that's what it would sound like in mine. Man I could not have been more wrong.

For music, you could always roll the windows down and listen to that sweet exhaust note!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread