RAM Dual Disc Clutch

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
If the weather warms up next weekend I'll be pulling out my RAM dual disc clutch from my 04 Cobra. The clutch has about 2,000 miles on it since it was installed in Jan 08. The clutch engages smoothly and has had no problem launching my 600 RWHP Cobra on the street (it has never seen track use). It is setup for a 26 spline input shaft.

I'm only replacing it for one reason - the floater plate makes a noise whenever the clutch pedal is depessed (it sounds like marbles rattling in a tin can). When the clutch was installed, we used the steel dowel pins for the floater plate. It's my understanding that this problem is greatly reduced when the ceramic dowels are used, but I decided that if I have to pull the tranny to fix the problem I was going to install a SPEC dual disc and be sure the problem was fixed once and for all.

I wanted to get this post started now in case anyone is interested but needs a little more time to save their money. This clutch sells new for $1,349 from RAM but I'm willing to take much less since I no longer have a need for it.

Ram 99-04 Cobra/Mach-1 Street Dual Disc Clutch Kit (26 Spline) [90-2220] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

The setup will include the clutch discs, pressure plate, and aluminum flywheel. I'll even throw in the shortened TOB sleeve (it is required when using this clutch). You can either resuse it or just use as a template for shortening a new one. I'll post pics up next weekend, after it is removed from the car.

If interested, please feel free to shoot me a PM or give me a call at (904) 536-7101.

Thanks,

:beer:
Russ

Last edited:

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
Well the weather is looking good for Saturday (temps between 65 and 70) so I'll definitely be pulling out the clutch.

Here's some info on the clutch:

Well it's not a surprise that when making a good amount of power you need to back it up with a solid clutch or you're not going anywhere. Whether driving on the street or at the track a slipping cluth will keep your car from performing the way it should. That's why Ram put together the Street Dual Disc clutch kit.

This is indeed the clutch to go with when you're running a high boost supercharger/turbo or spraying a big shot of nitrous.

With over 30 years of drag racing experience Ram clutch has developed a clutch system for your high horsepower muscle car. Wrap your bellhousing around our aluminum flywheel, easy pedal effort diaphragm pressure plate, 300 series friction material and special floater plate and retainer that virtually eliminates floater plate rattle. Even though the capacity for this clutch system is 1,000 HP and 900 ft/lbs of torque, the engagement is silky smooth thanks to the 300 series friction material. If that's not enough for you we offer an upgrade to the 900 series discs which ups the horsepower rating of the clutch to 1200+HP. Most would think that the upgrade to the more aggressive disc would make the clutch unfriendly during regular driving however we can tell you from personal experience that the upgraded 900 series discs feel great with no chatter whatsoever. You'll also be amazed by how light the clutch pedal is. No more feeling like you're at the gym doing leg presses as both the 300 and 900 series street dual kits are soft as can be.

Kit Includes:
Ram Billet Aluminum Flywheel
Ram Diaphragm Pressure Plate
Ram Dual 300 Series Friction Material Discs

Here's a pic from when I installed it 2 years ago:

2332038RAMClutchInstalled.jpg

I'll also be posting pics after I remove it from the car.

Stay tuned...

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
The clutch is out of the car and I'll be posting pics in the next couple of days. It only has about 2,000 - 2,500 miles on it and the discs look almost brand new.

If you're interested, shoot me a PM or an offer. The clutch is doing me no good sitting on the garage floor...:beer:

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
Here's the pics. The clutch has been cleaned and boxed up and is ready for shipping. As previously indicated, I also included the adjustable pivot ball, the TOB sleeve and the new pilot and TOB that came with my SPEC clutch.

2438273RAMClutch2.jpg

2438274RAMClutch3.jpg

2438275RAMClutch4.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Make me an offer!

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
If anyone is interested in this clutch, make me an offer. Otherwise I'll be putting it on eBay this weekend.

Thanks!

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
Well, it didn't make it up to my reserve so I'm bumping this up to the top.

All reasonable offers will be considered...:beer:

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
Never received payment from the "original" buyer :cuss: but another svt member bought it. :thumbsup:

Pament received and it has been shipped! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread