RAM AIR headlight

RacineRacing

Established Member
This headlight was given to me by a fellow drag racer and mustang guru. It looks alot cleaner them running no headlight like every other 99-04 guy. Im sure it has been done, but it has got me alot of double takes at my track. tell me if you've seen this before or what you think.

mach1registryraim.jpg

RacineRacing

Established Member
SuperDanoGP said:
whats the point of taking out the headlight in a mach 1 let alone any mustang?

The Air Filter is located directly behind the header panel (headlight mounting panel.) When the headlight is removed it lets air go directly into the air filter.

Snakebite2k3

Pray For The Dead To Rise
Established Member
cool but i never take anything off the track.... run what u brung.. the way i run at the track is the way i street race. no excuses..heheh

D's01Snake

Motor City Muscle
Established Member
First off, my airfilter in down in my fender inside of the fasica, no air what so ever would get in. Isnt the point of a mach 1 ram air jobber supposed to bring in that cooler air? why would you take out a headlight? Seems completly pointless to me. Not hating just wondering.

D's01Snake

Motor City Muscle
Established Member
Snakebite2k5 said:
cool but i never take anything off the track.... run what u brung.. the way i run at the track is the way i street race. no excuses..heheh
I with you 100% on this

01silverstang

Established Member
The Hood Scoop on the Mach 1 really isn't very functional at speeds under 60 mph. The only way your filter is in the fender is if you have an aftermarket intake that places it there. The stock airbox has the filer behind the headlight with an opening in the fender to allow cold air to come in...

RacineRacing

Established Member
Snakebite2k5 said:

The way I run at the track is the way I....umm...run at the track.
bags of ice, stripped interiors, lowered tire pressure, goofy headlights with holes in them, good reaction times, burnouts...part of the fun of drag racing!

I don't race every weekend to dial in my "street racing skills"

Every goes for there own reasons...:rockon:

msm808

97' Slobra
Established Member
RacineRacing said:
The way I run at the track is the way I....umm...run at the track.
bags of ice, stripped interiors, lowered tire pressure, goofy headlights with holes in them, good reaction times, burnouts...part of the fun of drag racing!

I don't race every weekend to dial in my "street racing skills"

Every goes for there own reasons...:rockon:

+1

Users who are viewing this thread