Rally Mud Flaps for d SVTF

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
I've been wanted to install some decent splash guards or rally mud flaps to cut down the dirt/grime/rock off the lower section & rear bumper including on the entire hatch section....
I came across these & wanted to see if anyone has tried these or ordered from this company....
>
Universal Mud Flaps
>
I hate how dirty the rear bumper & the entire hatch section gets dirty from any driving... plus the dirt or snow on the bottoms of the side mirrors when turning the wheels either sharp left or right....
Like to hear what everyone else is using....

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
Its been awhile, but forgot I had asked this question & got no responses but seems there was interest at some point:

I found the front splash guards for the 10-14 Mustang/GT-500 will work on the rears of the SVTF. I could see these working for the fronts BUT only on the 3-door versions with the side ground effects though...

I ordered the OE bolts w/pressed washers that you find on the front bumper mounting near the front tire & used a pair to mount the flaps. I used industrial rubber weather strip [trimmed down] to hold the upper edge to the OE bumper. You could use Butyrl-rubber sealant to hold in place too.

You can get these off eBay [bruski99/ "splash-guards"] or http://www.americanmuscle.com/front-splashguards-1012.html

For the fronts, I found a pair of [discontinued] OE splash guards but they occasionally rub the pavement when entering a driveway or store parking lot but rarely....

Can't use the Jaeger Bros version [10-14] since they have attachments and not sure if the attachements can be removed without damaging the flap itself....

Oh in casing anyone is wondering... That's 225/45R17 Continental D/W's on all four corners....

IMG_37851_zpscpq9geov.jpg
"]
IMG_37851_zpscpq9geov.jpg
[/URL]

Users who are viewing this thread