radio ???

93svt#981

Established Member
i was going to buy the expedition one off line but i am scared to not knowing for sure if it will work or not..thanks

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
no they wont work, they are mated for the car they came with, otherwise everyone would be stealing them. Just buy an aftermarket one. :shrug:

black 10th vert

Established Member
no they wont work, they are mated for the car they came with, otherwise everyone would be stealing them. Just buy an aftermarket one. :shrug:

I believe that you just need the theft code that comes with the car, if the original owner has it. That is something that you need to re-enter even when changing the battery on the car. I don't believe it is mated to the car, but without the code, it will be useless. Our Honda nav system is the same way.

93svt#981

Established Member
they arent mated, you just need a code. I just dont know if the plugs and the way they mount are the same. I prob will just buy an aftermarket, like the stock look though.

I believe that you just need the theft code that comes with the car, if the original owner has it. That is something that you need to re-enter even when changing the battery on the car. I don't believe it is mated to the car, but without the code, it will be useless. Our Honda nav system is the same way.

I agree, thanks for the input, if no one knows for sure Im not going to buy it.
:beer:

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
they arent mated, you just need a code. I just dont know if the plugs and the way they mount are the same. I prob will just buy an aftermarket, like the stock look though.

I agree, thanks for the input, if no one knows for sure Im not going to buy it.
:beer:

exactly what mated means :shrug: each car has a specific code to unlock it, without it you cant use it.

Users who are viewing this thread