Radio Humming

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
I'm assuming its not the factory radio, but do you have an amp in the car running the speakers? I'd check your grounds, and if that doesn't fix it then try the RCA's running to the amp if you have one, and if that doesn't fix your prob then the pre outs in the radio are bad. Other than that I have no idea what it could be

Goodluck

mrose75

Established Member
Mine does it when I have my iPod hooked up through the FM modulator. When ever I accelerate the humming gets louder and slows down when I do. That sh!t's annoying. Usually turn it off and listen to the exhaust note. That also gets louder when I accelerate and stuff, but it's supposed to.

nols1

Established Member
could be a bad amp
when it starts humming go to the amps in the trunk and unplug
them one at a time to see witch one is causing the hum

MaximumVelocity

Mod motor convert
Established Member
Have you had the heads or engine out? There are two small gray plastic boxes bolted to the rear of each head by the firewall (one on each). They are capacitors to keep RFI down.

Also, if you are running colder range non-resistor sparkplugs, you will get noise. Try a resistor plug.

svtcobrar2004

Established Member
mine hums to! but when it feels like it. sometimes it'll be loud and annoying to quiet... or not even humming at all. wtf.

Users who are viewing this thread