Radiator

thatdude305

Established Member
Does anyone in here have a Mishimoto radiator? I'm thinking about getting one. Looking for opinions if you have one

Performance Aluminum Radiator, fits Ford F-150 SVT Lightning, Automatic 1999-2004

Radiator Hose Kit, fits Ford F-150 w/ Oil Cooler 1997-2004

Thanks

IMG_20200718_102453_371.jpg

Stangra

Established Member
There are better radiators but it's still a big improvement over stock. Considering the cost of a "high end" radiator it's decent bang for the buck and I've been using one for 3 years, have no complaints.

Dusten

Established Member
Lightnings have zero issues in the cooling department. If you feel the need to buy it for the bling, they're fine. I run a single core v6 radiator in my 700+hp truck and have zero issues. Many guys run the v6 radiator

GerryMX

Established Member
Does anyone in here have a Mishimoto radiator? I'm thinking about getting one. Looking for opinions if you have one

Performance Aluminum Radiator, fits Ford F-150 SVT Lightning, Automatic 1999-2004

Radiator Hose Kit, fits Ford F-150 w/ Oil Cooler 1997-2004

Thanks

View attachment 1685005
So what radiator did you end up with? My uncle is looking to get this Lightning project after we finished installing the wheels and suspension from 4Wheelonline onto the Wrangler and clear the garage. The truck needs a new rad.

Dusten

Established Member
So what radiator did you end up with? My uncle is looking to get this Lightning project after we finished installing the wheels and suspension from 4Wheelonline onto the Wrangler and clear the garage. The truck needs a new rad.
Just get an oem style from any reputable parts house.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
My 700+ hp truck has been running a v6 radiator for 9 years.
What's your average outside temp compared to his? The environment the vehicles stay in make a difference. My car does great in California. I drove it to AZ last summer and it was definitely pushing the cooling system. If I keep doing that I'm going to upgrade the radiator just to be safe.

Dusten

Established Member
Its lived in numerous enviroments.
I spent 3 days in 105* heat including sitting in the staging lanes.
Its travelled on road trips and other adventures.

Lightnings do not have cooling issues. At all.
it was 105, my t-stat was a 192 and the hottest I saw was 201.

In current trim(i replaced it with a 185) The highest I ever see is 190

I've owned lightnings for 16 years. I know the cooling systems limits.

Users who are viewing this thread