Radiator Help Needed

10thSVT

SVT Poster
Established Member
I have a hole in my radiator and needing to replace. Anyone have suggestions on a good one. I looking at Mishimoto but not sure. Any help is appreciated..

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
I replaced mine about 4 yrs ago with a Mishimoto… Have had zero problems and fit perfectly.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Last March I downgraded to a cheap, generic GT replacement for my daily driver. Have put about 8k miles on it so far with no issues.

Not ideal, but an option.

wckdvnm

Established Member
Champion’s 3 row is what I run; I didn’t need to make any modifications. Mishimoto’s radiator is essentially a stock replacement with fluid stabilizers in the tanks.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

10thSVT

SVT Poster
Established Member
Champion’s 3 row is what I run; I didn’t need to make any modifications. Mishimoto’s radiator is essentially a stock replacement with fluid stabilizers in the tanks.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

How long have you been running it?? Where did you buy it from? Thanks

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
A bunch to read on the subject ---> Cooling

If you go with one of the plastic tank parts-store replacements, you are downgrading. The factory radiator has a 1.5" thick core whereas those are 1". No point in going that route when the Terminator's cooling system is such a sticking point.

10thSVT

SVT Poster
Established Member
A bunch to read on the subject ---> Cooling

If you go with one of the plastic tank parts-store replacements, you are downgrading. The factory radiator has a 1.5" thick core whereas those are 1". No point in going that route when the Terminator's cooling system is such a sticking point.
Which one did you go with

wckdvnm

Established Member
How long have you been running it?? Where did you buy it from? Thanks

Forgot to ask OP what temps do you see when you drive the car; sub 80’s I’d just get a 2 core if you don’t see heavy traffic constantly. Once the temps start to rise especially over 100 the stock radiator begins to struggle.

hotcobra03

Established Member
Most three cores crack since the factory hold downs aren’t correct. The Mishimoto hold downs correct that.

Sve notes this also. Says to use thier flexible hold down.

I ordered them. Never installed them.
It looks so flimsy like a aluminum can trimmed

Users who are viewing this thread