Radiator Fan Issue

VNOMSSS

VNOMSSS
Established Member
My radiator fan keeps blowing its fuse and it sound as if something is stuck in tehre or a fan blade is bent and rubbing on the side. My engine is overheating like mad! and the fluid just comes out the top. I need help as what the problem could be, is this just the fan itself that needs to be replaced or anything else such as the radiator itself...

01SVTSTANG

Established Member
The same thing happened to me. The blades were cracked, fuse was blown, and I'm sure the fan motor blew out. Car started overheating :(. I purchased a 14 in. Mishimoto radiator fan from American Muscle for I think $80 and a 50 amp fuse for $3.99 at O'reillys. The fan got here in less than a week and was a really simple install. Mounted it on the radiator, connected the wiring, put the new fuse on and it works awesome. I recommend it.

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
call tousley get a new fan and change it out. not too unusual for these cars mine went at 25k

01SVTSTANG

Established Member
How does it compare to the stock fan? Does it seem to work about the same or better? Was it a direct fit?

It is smaller, lighter than stock but it works very well. Its NOT a direct fit. The 14 inch Mishimoto fan kit comes with the 14 inch Mishimoto fan and brackets and a universal mount kit. The mount kit consists of 4 heavy duty plastic fasteners, 8 adhesive foam pads, 4 springs, and 4 end connectors.

Heres what the kit looks like

nd0r9s.jpg

What it looks like compared to stock (not my car in picture, got the picture offline for reference)

2zhp4kk.jpg

There is a blue and black wire on the Mishimoto fan. When you disconnect the wire harness from the stock fan, you will need to cut the plastic harness piece off. There will be an orange wire, an orange/blue wire, and a black wire. Connect the orange/blue wire to the blue wire, black to black, and the orange wire you can just wrap the end of it with some electrical tape as you won't be using it. Pretty simple install, just make sure that if you do get an aftermarket fan, don't forget to put the new fuse in :lol1: I forgot about it and was pissed about why my new fan wasn't working. Once I put the new fuse in, it works very well.

Users who are viewing this thread