Radiator comparison: Mishimoto v Fluidune

BurninRubb3r

Established Member
Radiator comparison: Mishimoto v Fluidyne

A customer at my uncles shop I work at was torn between the Mishimoto and Fluidyne radiators, so we ordered both and decided to write up a comparison for everyone.

These are for the 94-95 and 97 stangs, although I'm sure the rest are the same. We looked at 3 areas - the support plate, the shock resistance, and the radiator core. This was meant to be non-objective side-by-side comparison.

The Fluidyne:
fluidyne1.png

The Mishimoto:
mishi1.png

1: Support plate

fluidyne2.png

mishi2.png

The Fluidyne's support plate was 0.2mm in thickness, and the Mishimotos was 2.0mm (measured with a micrometer)

The Fluidyne also had no welding in the support plate, while the Mishimoto's was strongly welded.

fluidyne3.png

mishi3.png

The Mishimoto radiator plate has two layers, one is the support plate and the other is the side plate. The Mishimoto unit is much stronger.

together3.png

2: Shock resistance

The Fluidyne has a hollow tube design, and the Mishimoto is a solid tube

fluidyne4.png

mishi4.png

3: The core

Mishimoto has a three row core as opposed to the Fluidyne's two row, enforcing the shock resistance of the Mishi even more.

fluidyne5.png

mishi5.png

Our conclusion:

Based on these factors in the visual side-by-side comparison, the Mishimoto appears to be the stronger unit and the better choice. From what I understand, Mishimoto used to have a two-row design, but changed it to the three row because the two-rows kept breaking. Fluidyne's were having the same problem, but clearly they have not yet switched designs to the more resistant three row.

Last edited:

01FR500

HPDE
Established Member
I've had a Mishimoto radiator for almost exactly a year now with zero issues. Cracked the stock radiator durring an autocross event. I have always wondered what the exact differences were between the Fluidine and Mishimoto piece was, this clears up a lot. I don't regret spending my money on Mishimoto radiator...yet.

armyed

FordFan
Established Member
You can find a brand new Mishimoto shipped for $250 to your door...the Fluidynes are much more expensive. I had one of Mishimotos old 2 Flu radiators and it started to leak and I paid 10 bucks and got a brand new 3 Flu within 5 days of sending them the pics of where mine was leaking from. They just came out with a lifetime warranty on all there radiators as well that says even if your radiator gets messed up from a car accident they will replace it. With all that and there customer service being the best I have ever dealt with I will be using them for a long time!

Users who are viewing this thread