Racing seat that will fit a fat man?

460cidpower

Established Member
I have a cloth seats track pack '13 that I daily drive (25k miles a year, lots of long road trips too) and I want to lose some weight off the 3,600lbs it's at now. :rockon:

I read supposedly racing style seats could shave some weight. I'm 5'9 with a 32" waist, but sometimes I let my dad borrow my car and he's 6' with a 48" waist. :dw:

Is there a comfortable seat that will fit the both of us and allow me to drop some weight off the car?

I like these: Corbeau: FX1 Pro but it says it only fits up to a 42" waist. :bored:

GT915

Established Member
Awesome looking seat and I know they said it's comfortable but I have my doubts. You spend a lot of time in the car so you better be sure you like them before buying them. It's a shame you can't go somewhere and try them out before you buy them.

CSG

Established Member
I have one of those on my race car passenger side. I would not try to put a 46" wasist in it.

HammeredSoul

Established Member
Looks the the previous poster found you a seat. However, it might be too wide for an average sized guy. Not trying to be a dick, but it might be a good idea to get your dad on a diet.

Last edited:

460cidpower

Established Member
Lol, I know. I've tried for many years to get him to work out like I do. I go to the gym 2 hours a day, every day just so I don't wind up like him :(

cobra1718

Established Member
I have a the LG1 wide with a 44 waist. This seat should fit both of you

0d8c1fa8-22eb-4839-80f4-4f1b7eb5ce22_zps0b2d606b.gif

460cidpower

Established Member
Does anyone know what my stock seats are worth? Will they fit an '01?

Last edited:

Slammintone

Established Member
Don't know if this helps but I'm 5'11" and 310lbs and Recaros feel comfy enough to me. Additionally I have 6 herniated discs in my neck and thoracic spine and I'm 47. I don't have Recaros but I've sat in them and wouldn't object to them. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread