Racing Integration Twin kit for the coyote... Pic inside

Monster5.0

5.0>Terminator
Established Member
Ok guys. If you all want the trend on turbo kits to continue to sell in the $7k+ range, then so be it. I personally will not spend that much on one.

And I guess you also never heard about volume sales. That pays higher dividends than low volume high cost sales. Get more kits installed in cars, then get more real world exposure which will lead to more sales, growing business and adding more employees. But hey, if you want to build them one at a time and maybe sell a handful a year then I guess thats your plan. Personally getting the kit building process streamlined along with lowering cost to sell more kits and so on is what I would want. Maybe you could make yourself a brandname like Hellion then?? But again, I guess Im the idiot for wanting to pass along savings to customers, increase customer base and grow a business then. Carry on.

CPRsm

If it was as easy as you think, kits would be cheaper. There isn't the mark up you think there is. If it cheaper was the answer, you would see turbo companies thriving. But instead, how many have you seen fold? I can think of two in the last year or so. All selling too cheap.

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
You are not entitled to get your design/fab time back on every kit. You can recoup your cost on maybe two kits. After that its 60% markup. Think thats fair????? Drop that price to $5495 and sell 10x more than you ever will and maybe learn something about business. Why do you think the blower kits sell so well??? Not because they are better or more efficient than turbos.

I don't care what you design. I don't care if it costs precision $99 to build the turbo. I'm telling you what the producers of the turbo kits are paying.

Blower kits sell well because they're EASY. Old school. Simple concept. 1/2 the people reading what I'm writing right now don't even exactly know how a turbocharger works. That's why they sell. And they're not as involved. Turbo kits require a lot of exhaust plumbing and possible headers. Blowers don't need any exhaust work, minimal piping, no waste gates, and less misc things that are required to move out of the way.

Charging $7500 for a turbo kit is not recouping all of your fab/design time back on every kit. That would be more like 11k. It probably takes a solid 20 hours of labor to produce a kit. Who are you to tell anyone they should do that for pennies?

You want a cheap twin kit, there's one made already. It's called On3Performance. And it utilizes all Knockoff junk. It comes with 2 turbos, 2 gates and a bov that cost probably under $1000 for On3. Cheap and Fast won't be reliable buddy.

Monster5.0

5.0>Terminator
Established Member
If it was as easy as you think, kits would be cheaper. There isn't the mark up you think there is. If it cheaper was the answer, you would see turbo companies thriving. But instead, how many have you seen fold? I can think of two in the last year or so. All selling too cheap.

Its fine man. Personally I would want to become the likes of vortec or paxton offering commercial kits for more than just one car type. And its going to take time. And at that cost, no amount of time will offset that. It will always be a by-order kit, one I surly will not purchase. Just think that with install and tuning for your average joe, you are at $10k. No way. There are far to many other offerings that are half the price, and easier to install. Ill move along, and let the haters come in and keep bashing me for the next two pages until this thread dies.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
most turbo kits come with tubular suspension and headers also....add that into the procharger/vortech kits and the price isnt nearly as loppsided

BMR Tech

Personally getting the kit building process streamlined along with lowering cost to sell more kits and so on is what I would want. Maybe you could make yourself a brandname like Hellion then??

Wait, what?

You are complaining about these turbo kit prices, and saying the smaller guys should create a brand on higher volume, and lower pricing - and tell them they should do so to be like Hellion?

2011 - 2014 Mustang GT Twin Turbo System - over 1,200 hp capable

Monster5.0

5.0>Terminator
Established Member
Wait, what?

You are complaining about these turbo kit prices, and saying the smaller guys should create a brand on higher volume, and lower pricing - and tell them they should do so to be like Hellion?

2011 - 2014 Mustang GT Twin Turbo System - over 1,200 hp capable

Dont twist words. I meant having the household name like hellion. You say that word to any mustang owner and they know it means turbo kits. You would undoubtedly become a house hold name if you could bring a nice kit with brandname turbos to market with costs moderately less than hellion. Get it?

StevenStarke

Established Member
Ok guys. If you all want the trend on turbo kits to continue to sell in the $7k+ range, then so be it. I personally will not spend that much on one.

And I guess you also never heard about volume sales. That pays higher dividends than low volume high cost sales. Get more kits installed in cars, then get more real world exposure which will lead to more sales, growing business and adding more employees. But hey, if you want to build them one at a time and maybe sell a handful a year then I guess thats your plan. Personally getting the kit building process streamlined along with lowering cost to sell more kits and so on is what I would want. Maybe you could make yourself a brandname like Hellion then?? But again, I guess Im the idiot for wanting to pass along savings to customers, increase customer base and grow a business then. Carry on.

You're an idiot because you're impractical. This is still a very niche market. Do you honestly think there are hundreds upon hundreds of turbo 2011+ stangs out there? There are probably 100-150 cars TOTAL in the world. And I'd say probably 70-80 with twin kits tops.

You can't lower cost on materials when you've only bought 40 turbos in a 12 month time frame. It's not like there are thousands of kits out. When the Materials cost you $5000, and you have to add 20 hours of labor on top, how is $7400 not fair?

Monster5.0

5.0>Terminator
Established Member
And furthermore WHY are you guys jumping on me?????? Wouldnt you want a higher quality kit for $5k rather than $7500?????? What is wrong with you people. This is like the third thread you people jump on me over bringing up products that we are getting price gouged on. Its like this in the corvette world too. They pay $200 for a painted license plate frame that says corvette on it because thats what people have done for years. Nobody wants to stand up to these vendors and say NO we are not going to pay those prices anymore. They sell axlebacks that use the same mufflers, same material(less of it I may add) for the C6, yet its double the price for the C6 vs a same muffler kit of the same material for the mustang. And the mustang kit has more material. Its the market, and it needs to be changed.

If you guys are ok with paying $7k-$10k for turbo kits, then so be it. Im not. Simple as that. This doesnt make me right by any means, but these vendors need to hear this. YOu wont have me as a customer. And you will FORSURE loose many other customers who cant or are not willing to pay that much either. Its not just me saying you wont get my business. Its everyone looking for boost and already reserved to spending $4k+ on something nice. Seriously guy, quit flaming and see the bigger picture. Are you OK with spending $2k more than you should on something?????????????

Oh my god this is not rocket science. People are just looking for a reason to flame. But I bet if another company(NOT On3) brought the same kit to market minus the k member with brandname turbos for $5k, it would be sold out for months. The demand would be higher than anyother kit. Everyone wants twins, but they settle for a blower because of cost.

Last edited:

BMR Tech

lol, I didn't twist them one bit.

You could have explained it much more clear. I bet every single person who read it, comprehended it like I did.

I won't twist anything, if you will explain your thoughts better. I promise.

StevenStarke

Established Member
And furthermore WHY are you guys jumping on me?????? Wouldnt you want a higher quality kit for $5k rather than $7500?????? What is wrong with you people. This is like the third thread you people jump on me over bringing up products that we are getting price gouged on. Its like this in the corvette world too. They pay $200 for a painted license plate frame that says corvette on it because thats what people have done for years. Nobody wants to stand up to these vendors and say NO we are not going to pay those prices anymore. They sell axlebacks that use the same mufflers, same material(less of it I may add) for the C6, yet its double the price for the C6 vs a same muffler kit of the same material for the mustang. And the mustang kit has more material. Its the market, and it needs to be changed.

If you guys are ok with paying $7k-$10k for turbo kits, then so be it. Im not. Simple as that. This doesnt make me right by any means, but these vendors need to hear this. YOu wont have me as a customer. And you will FORSURE loose many other customers who cant or are not willing to pay that much either. Its not just me saying you wont get my business. Its everyone looking for boost and already reserved to spending $4k+ on something nice. Seriously guy, quit flaming and see the bigger picture. Are you OK with spending $2k more than you should on something?????????????

Oh my god this is not rocket science. People are just looking for a reason to flame. But I bet if another company(NOT On3) brought the same kit to market minus the k member with brandname turbos for $5k, it would be sold out for months. The demand would be higher than anyother kit. Everyone wants twins, but they settle for a blower because of cost.

Where are you getting 10k? The most expensive twin kit on the market is the hellion at $7500. It's over 8k if you get ball bearing turbos.

Twin kits come with headers. If there was a way to NOT need headers, the kits WOULD be $6000-$6500. But there's NOT. It's not a $200 license plate frame. It's not price gouging. It's not 2k more than you should. You don't know how much things cost.

You CANNOT put together a quality twin turbo kit together for 5k. You're just wrong dude.

BMR Tech

Nobody is doing it. They are in the wrong.

So, do it and prevail. Build that household name, then come back to the thread and tell everyone that you told-them-so. I will cheer you on along the way, serious.

CPRsm

Nobody is picking on you because you want it cheaper. I want cheaper, too. You're getting jumped on because you are acting like you know what it takes to do this. And tou are demonizing companies because that's not what you want to pay. You can't sell a dollar for 50 cents and make up in in volume

Monster5.0

5.0>Terminator
Established Member
Where are you getting 10k? The most expensive twin kit on the market is the hellion at $7500. It's over 8k if you get ball bearing turbos.

Twin kits come with headers. If there was a way to NOT need headers, the kits WOULD be $6000-$6500. But there's NOT. It's not a $200 license plate frame. It's not price gouging. It's not 2k more than you should. You don't know how much things cost.

You CANNOT put together a quality twin turbo kit together for 5k. You're just wrong dude.

Ok man. Just know that it is possible, and maybe someone will step and do it. Its not my business, but if I was in that business it would make sense to make a middle of the road kit between hellion and on3. Thats probably where you should have came in, because we all know you cant compete with hellion even though you are in the same business, selling very similar products. But again, thats just me.

StevenStarke

Established Member
Ok man. Just know that it is possible, and maybe someone will step and do it. Its not my business, but if I was in that business it would make sense to make a middle of the road kit between hellion and on3. Thats probably where you should have came in, because we all know you cant compete with hellion even though you are in the same business, selling very similar products. But again, thats just me.

It is? Ok so show me.

What turbos? Gates? Bovs? What brands? How much are you getting them for?

Monster5.0

5.0>Terminator
Established Member
It is? Ok so show me.

What turbos? Gates? Bovs? What brands? How much are you getting them for?

What would an on3 kit be minus the cost for their turbos and bovs, but adding back in cost of quailty parts? $5k more????????lol Its ok man, you win. I wont be creating my own kit because thats not the business im in. So report back next year with your sales figures so we can all see how this worked out for you.

Last edited:

Screamin363

Established Member
I for one have tackled my own build and I can tell you it was not much cheaper to build it myself vs buying one. I'm really surprised the kit guys don't charge more.

I'm a welding hack... I grind better than I weld and I know a great quality kit when I see one. Mine is not on the same level as a CPR and I still have a ton of time in it/ ton of money and if I had to do it over again I would rather buy a single kit.

Cheaper..... Man....
I just don't see how you can have your cake and eat it too?
You want a better kit and even cheaper...
You won't get both...
Just man up and buy the cheap one that is already on the market because there will NEVER be a good (new) kit on the market for less than you are seeing right now...
The cost of materials/labor/freight is always going up.

Users who are viewing this thread