Raced a early-mid 80's 911 turbo

tms217

Established Member
I was going home from work and there was a nice red 911 Turbo. We played alittle on I440 and I40 going up to 100Mph and back down to 70. We both got off at 70 and stoped infront of me at the light. I looked a head and there was no one in the left lane at all but there was too many cars in the right. The light turns green and we start to go. I see the big puff of carbon out of his exhaust and I hammer it. we went up to about 110 before we shut down. I actually had to take my foot off of the gas so I would not run into him. Were the early to mid 80's 911 turbos quick? I know he was on it because when we were done I pulled up to him and thumbs up on both sides. I would think if we were side by side I would have put a hurting on him.
Is something wrong with his car?

Terry

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by tms217
I was going home from work and there was a nice red 911 Turbo. We played alittle on I440 and I40 going up to 100Mph and back down to 70. We both got off at 70 and stoped infront of me at the light. I looked a head and there was no one in the left lane at all but there was too many cars in the right. The light turns green and we start to go. I see the big puff of carbon out of his exhaust and I hammer it. we went up to about 110 before we shut down. I actually had to take my foot off of the gas so I would not run into him. Were the early to mid 80's 911 turbos quick? I know he was on it because when we were done I pulled up to him and thumbs up on both sides. I would think if we were side by side I would have put a hurting on him.
Is something wrong with his car?

Terry

If they are not taken care of those highly tuned, not very large Cubic Inche motors, can become slower than a dog on a icy slope................. just my .02..........

-zach

94ShoOff

AKA Darkside
Established Member
A 13 second car in the early to mid 80's was still impressive. Now if you went up against a 90's turbo, I'm sure the outcome would have been alot different. Good Kill.......

Users who are viewing this thread