Racebronco hood GB #2 is a GO!

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
got a few more hood shipments processed. down to the last pair of hoods that still need to process i believe. just waiting on payments to clear.

i believe im down to two 50/50s and two DF. and then there will be no more..........................................................................................................................

school boy

Established Member
Received my duraflex hood late Wednesday afternoon. I was able to weigh it on the company pallet scales. Its right around 21#s. Hood is very nice and requires minimum prep work for paint to be perfect. Just a couple spots where they bonded the top and bottom layers. Hood is very sturdy and doesnt flex. All mold lines are clean and there is no rough places. Im not painting mine. At the very most, ill wrap it. My GT is strickly a weekend/track toy and i bought the hood for its function. Im going to try to put it on this weekend and will provide further review. I wont have the new scuff plates yet so no hood pins. So far im very pleased.
20181114_165226.jpeg

Sent from my LG-US996 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Im still debating on aerocatch pins, I just have a problem with cutting holes in a perfectly beautiful visible area.

school boy

Established Member
I like the aerocatch but i'm in the same boat, can't cut up a new hood like that. I'm just using composite scuff plates, already had pins in the old hood so that's all I need to replace.

school boy

Established Member
Prolly a full wrap. Was planning to install it as is but there are color shade differences from bonding the 3 pieces. Nothing wrong with the hood, just naturally like that from bonding. It might not be noticeable after cleaning.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Hood looks amazing, I am by no means a pro with Carbon Fiber but it looks good to me!!! Inspection went perfect as expected, driver had a brother with a GT500 so he didnt mind waiting to see what was in the box. Packaging was good as well, double boxed with lots of foam paper and all corners were padded. Hope to get someone to help me put this on in the next few weeks, until then its gonna sit on a pillow on my Cobras hood. Worth the wait, cant wait till next spring.
View attachment 1527396 View attachment 1527397 View attachment 1527398 View attachment 1527399 View attachment 1527400 View attachment 1527401 View attachment 1527402 View attachment 1527403 View attachment 1527404 View attachment 1527405
Gorgeous

Sent from my [trashcan S5] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
is it bad i want to buy a new edge just to put one of these hoods on? lol.

my wife says it is :(

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Steve,

I do believe I am missing the latch kit, please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks to those that brought this to my attention and verified it for me.
20181118_070827.jpg

bullitt2735

Established Member
Gave mine a fresh cost of wax yesterday, it's been about 12000 miles since Ive had it on now. I Daily mine, no issues being in the texas sun all day while I'm at work and no issues driving it through torrential downpours. Only issue is some extra leaves in the engine bay.

NOTE IF you plan to use the aerocatch hood latches I would highly suggest going to a nylon lock nut as the kit comes with a regular nut and one of mine came off resulting in the hood only being held on by one hoodlatch.

Surprisingly I didn't even notice any movement in the hood until around 90mph when it started to move slightly. Stopped at home depot found a nylon lock nut, no issues since. ( I was actually on my way to tx2k18 at the time and can confirm that the nylon nut fixed the issue haha)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181118-081140_Slow motion editor.jpg
    Screenshot_20181118-081140_Slow motion editor.jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 178

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Gave mine a fresh cost of wax yesterday, it's been about 12000 miles since Ive had it on now. I Daily mine, no issues being in the texas sun all day while I'm at work and no issues driving it through torrential downpours. Only issue is some extra leaves in the engine bay.

NOTE IF you plan to use the aerocatch hood latches I would highly suggest going to a nylon lock nut as the kit comes with a regular nut and one of mine came off resulting in the hood only being held on by one hoodlatch.

Surprisingly I didn't even notice any movement in the hood until around 90mph when it started to move slightly. Stopped at home depot found a nylon lock nut, no issues since. ( I was actually on my way to tx2k18 at the time and can confirm that the nylon nut fixed the issue haha)

Yeah they didnt put it on ftmfl. Ill find out what happened. Hopefully thats the only one. I sent them the kits.

reload68

got a few more hood shipments processed. down to the last pair of hoods that still need to process i believe. just waiting on payments to clear.

i believe im down to two 50/50s and two DF. and then there will be no more..........................................................................................................................

Hello Steve,
I want to order a Duraflex hood, my email is [email protected].... My zip is 07950. Your hood is the perfect solution! thanks!

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Steve, i noticed when putting my hood on tonight that the latch catch wasnt on it. Can you send me one?

yeah these clowns received the latch kits i sent them, didnt put them on and just shipped the hoods out, and didnt say anything to us until one of you brought it up. smh. they have all the kits. im pushing to have them at least send them out to you guys instead of back to me, and then out to you guys. i apologize for that. luckily its an easy, straight forward install.

school boy

Established Member
yeah these clowns received the latch kits i sent them, didnt put them on and just shipped the hoods out, and didnt say anything to us until one of you brought it up. smh. they have all the kits. im pushing to have them at least send them out to you guys instead of back to me, and then out to you guys. i apologize for that. luckily its an easy, straight forward install.
No worries here, mines down for the winter

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
ive made the right people aware of the latch kit issue. im pushing to get them to ship out the latch kits to people who's hoods have already shipped, some time this upcoming week (this week pretty much dead due to the holiday). and im pushing to have them install the latch kits on the remaining hoods in stock. apparently they said this time i need to pay for them to spend the time to install the kits, but they didnt say that till after the majority of the hoods already shipped. /facepalm.

Users who are viewing this thread