Race tonight

1bdsnk96

Established Member
I ran a buddy of mine to see where I stand with my cobra, he beat me by 2.5-3 cars but my car has felt sluggish since I got it. Just curious if this is we're I should be ill post below my mods vs his

(Mine) 96 mustang cobra
6-speed
BBK LT & o/r x-pipe
Slp lm1
Jlt cai
Tubular k-member
4:10 gears
Aluminum d/s

Vs.
98 ls1 camaro
4-speed auto 3600 yank
LT & o/r y-pipe
Tsp cutback
3:42 gears
Air lid

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
Thats proaably about right. You need a power adder of some sort to make up for the difference in displacement.

Bite u

Established Member
Na on stock gears the ls won't b that strong, with shit 60's and baby launches I ran 12.72 in the heat. The ls won't b but a 12.5 car or so? Throw some gears in that bish and she will b low 12's it's all in the driver

Op has the 6 spd and tub k over me

svtcobralover

Established Member
Na on stock gears the ls won't b that strong, with shit 60's and baby launches I ran 12.72 in the heat. The ls won't b but a 12.5 car or so? Throw some gears in that bish and she will b low 12's it's all in the driver

Op has the 6 spd and tub k over me

You think the OP's car can be a low 12 second car with gears? Good luck with that!

svtcobralover

Established Member
And your best bet is just to get it dynoed and see where you are at as far as power levels. If you are under 280rwhp I wold be heavily surprised.

Bite u

Established Member
Said ls car with stock 3.42's would b faster if given a gear.... Op already has gears of course...

But yeah I think op's car with some 4.56's, big n littles, good tune. And some driving could b 12.2-12.5 range. Depending on altitude and all.

It's already been proven that with the bolt ons, gear, good tune and good driving these cars can produce those times! No reduce the weight and go further with the ported short runner and imrc deletes these cars can crack 11's

For a 300-310whp car that's 3k + depending on weight reduct that's damn good!

pacific4v

Established Member
Did u race from a dig or roll? I raced a stock automatic ls1 camaro when my car had 4.30s, long tubes, full exhaust, 5.0 stroker. It had a shitty email tune and i doubt it made over 300rwhp but i walked 2-3 cars on the camaro from a roll. Longtubes make a big difference on the LS motors. I would think you woulda done a little better if it was from a roll or if u hooked from a dig, but that might be about right. Your imrcs could def be a problem if you feel its sluggish up top

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
As others said, what type of race? Dig, roll, what speed did you get up to?

Given the mods, it seems like you should hang with him or even edge him. Get the car dyno'ed and you will find out if there is a problem.

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
There's so many factors in the outcome. My buddy has an ls car with stock gears, long tubes, and a built trans with a 3900 stal he walks my car all day and only runs 12.5. Then there's this other ls6.0 car that runs around with heads, cam, intake, longtubes, tuned, 3.73s, and a 3900 stal built trans and him and I are dead nuts even. Altitude has a lot to do but so does driver and a million other things.

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
If your IMRC's weren't opening up you would have been 10 lengths behind lol. Cleaning or deleting them can only help though.

Bite u

Established Member
Sct with a custom tune if your untuned... Leaving alot on the table. I went from 26x whp to 291 wheel with everything unchanged just tuning. Went from trapping 103 to 106-107 in just weeks time. Untuned---> tuned

4valved

Banned
the 98 model is a weaker one too, unless hes lying about mods then somethings wrong with your car.

My car just has h pipe dumps tune 410s and jlt rai and i only lose to my friends 99 ss by about 2 cars he has 342s m6 trans full 3 inch exhaust.

Users who are viewing this thread