Race of the weekened

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
throw a 6 speed in it and it will put up a big number.

auto stall- low dyno but lost of power
Had a 6spd in it. Got tired of blowing the clutches out at the track so I put an Auto in it. Like I said I like running from a dig. 6spd is better from a roll but that kind of racing sucks for me. I like to feel it coming out of the hole and hooking. roll racing just doesn't have that kind of feeling ya know? As for evening up the odds not so much. Whats wrong with a 20 punch if you want a roll race? You said you were worried about breaking well from a 20 that isn't going to happen. 40 punch is way to high and takes the fun out. I'll run you from a dig and 20 punch, hell you got me covered by 300 rwhp you should still win no matter what. I just want to run that vette...

SVT LOL

Established Member
Had a 6spd in it. Got tired of blowing the clutches out at the track so I put an Auto in it. Like I said I like running from a dig. 6spd is better from a roll but that kind of racing sucks for me. I like to feel it coming out of the hole and hooking. roll racing just doesn't have that kind of feeling ya know? As for evening up the odds not so much. Whats wrong with a 20 punch if you want a roll race? You said you were worried about breaking well from a 20 that isn't going to happen. 40 punch is way to high and takes the fun out. I'll run you from a dig and 20 punch, hell you got me covered by 300 rwhp you should still win no matter what. I just want to run that vette...

that 300 rwhp is :bs:

right 6 speed is better for a roll, auto for a dig. we have 2 different cars, were both asking for whats our cars do the best.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I think 1 dig, 1 from 20, and 1 from 40 is fair. Best 2 out of 3.. and 2 of them are from rolls that's pretty much all in your advantage SVTLOL. Not to mention the huge HP difference. Maybe not 300 we'll say 250.

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
that 300 rwhp is :bs:

right 6 speed is better for a roll, auto for a dig. we have 2 different cars, were both asking for whats our cars do the best.

how is that 300rwhp BS? I'll show you the dyno sheet if you want. I'll run your roll race just not that high of speed I wouldn't even do a 40 punch with the 6spd in my car. I always ran from a dig even when I had a 6 spd. That pic in my sig is when I had a 5 spd in the car and N/A it use to run 7.6 in the 1/8th and 11.9's in the 1/4. Well when you come out next month lets gtg and see what we can work out.

WSsick

Established Member
I think 1 dig, 1 from 20, and 1 from 40 is fair. Best 2 out of 3.. and 2 of them are from rolls that's pretty much all in your advantage SVTLOL. Not to mention the huge HP difference. Maybe not 300 we'll say 250.

More than fair IMO. If its on the street, I don't see how the vette will break anything, just spin his nuts off. Rolls take all the fun (and most the the skill) out of it.

Established Member
shit whens the last time you ran a 6, about 6 years ago. :lol:
May have been 6 years ago but at Least I have ran one, several in fact and will do so again, something you will be painfully aware of .:thumbsup:

ive told you a million times i didnt build my car to run the 1/8 mile, but i bet i can run a 6 easy. :poke:

Im done, I won't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.:lol:

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Now that that's setup here's question number 2.. With SVTLOL being able to up to the boost and the same with the mach 1. Do you guys agree to keep your current HP levels?? Or since it's a street race and it's run what ya brung is changing things on the car allowed?? That way we don't have any more hicups. You both agree to run what you brung? Or run what your current setups are now?

SVT LOL

Established Member
Now that that's setup here's question number 2.. With SVTLOL being able to up to the boost and the same with the mach 1. Do you guys agree to keep your current HP levels?? Or since it's a street race and it's run what ya brung is changing things on the car allowed?? That way we don't have any more hicups. You both agree to run what you brung? Or run what your current setups are now?

run what u brung and hope you brung enough :beer:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Well a few reasons. 1. I'm deployed in Lousiana with the CG for the Deepwater Oil spill. 2. I am supposed to be going home next week to Mobile, where I will fly my wife and son back to Mobile and try to get resettled it since I just made the move from CA and was only in Mobile for a month then I got new orders out here. So spending time with them is number 1 right now. 3. My car is still in CA getting my heads fixed on it ( valve guide went out) and some other fun stuff to prepare it for getting shipped out here. It should be getting shipped out here Jan or next year or so. I just gotta save the money. Once its out here I plan on making a road trip to Dallas to meet up with a few people but it won't be until next year at somepoint. I would love to come out there to watch the races even if it was in my DD but it's just out of the question right now family comes first for me.. But if you video it it'll be just like I was there ahaha.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread