Race key not activated.

Schween

Bought a 2013 boss 302 a while back and the race key more of acts like a spare key. I’ve called ford to activate the key but I never received the certificate from the dealership I bought the car from that states that I got the race key with the car. Ford told me without that certificate they can’t download the track apps and if I ever wanted the race key to work I’d have to buy another key and then the activation. What’s weird is that they told me the race key shouldn’t even start my car. Does anyone have any insight on if I’ll need to buy another key just for these track options and why can’t I prove that my car had the race key from the Vin?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
So you are not the original buyer. Sounds like you will need to buy another package to get the race key activated.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
As an Extra side note: if you tune your boss302 with someone reputable it’ll make the race key a mute point and it’ll give you more torque and top end thrust. I’d be tempted to spend in on a tune if you can’t get the key thing figured out for $0.

Racer0918

Established Member
Not sure if this helps, but my track key will not activate until the car is up to full temperature and then you have to hit OK for the track key to become active.

dsp

Established Member
TracKey was an extra cost option after purchase ($302). It used to be you ordered the certificate and took the car to Ford to activate it. Now it's more of a DIY thing:

Until it's activated and the red key is programmed, the red key is just another key, it'll start the car but with no TracKey features.

Users who are viewing this thread