Race in Gainsville Fl

Jumpstreet

Established Member
and MMJAX is going to send 45+ GTO owners home wondering why their cars suck.. LOL

tistan

Established Member
I probably will. I will have 4.10 gears, tubular k member with drag springs, and 100 shot by then. I don't plan on driving the gto this time. If it breaks again it no one will be able to say it was my fault.

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
tistan said:
I probably will. I will have 4.10 gears, tubular k member with drag springs, and 100 shot by then. I don't plan on driving the gto this time. If it breaks again it no one will be able to say it was my fault.

Ahhh. Steph's fault!

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
tistan said:

Ahhh. Steph's fault!

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
I could probably make it and I bet I can sway few other cobra owners around here to show up as well. Sounds like fun. I'm supposed to be going to Daytona in Sept. anyway. That sounds like a good way to start the trip.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Do you think they will do some qualifying rounds and actually put up a ladder like the used to do at the old Mustang vs. Grand National shootouts? That would be pretty cool. Post this up in the Terminator section as well. You might get a few more interested parties.

tistan

Established Member
Doc GTO said:
Ahhh. Steph's fault!
I didn't say that. The way it broke I think it was defective from the factory. Something in between the pinion and the drivshaft is what broke, and usually if you break something in a irs it is the halfshafts. My launches were perfect with no wheel hop and it broke on a 3-4 shift.

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
F8LSNAKE said:
I could probably make it and I bet I can sway few other cobra owners around here to show up as well. Sounds like fun. I'm supposed to be going to Daytona in Sept. anyway. That sounds like a good way to start the trip.

We will definitely have to mark this one down on the calendar. I will talk to Alan as well.

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
F8LSNAKE said:
Do you think they will do some qualifying rounds and actually put up a ladder like the used to do at the old Mustang vs. Grand National shootouts? That would be pretty cool. Post this up in the Terminator section as well. You might get a few more interested parties.

Not sure becasue the MMJax guys are in charge of it but I would like that! You need to make it!

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
tistan said:
I didn't say that. The way it broke I think it was defective from the factory. Something in between the pinion and the drivshaft is what broke, and usually if you break something in a irs it is the halfshafts. My launches were perfect with no wheel hop and it broke on a 3-4 shift.

I think maybe the 525 rwhp finally caught up to it. Chris did drive it hard all the time! Is it all fixed with beefier parts?

tistan

Established Member
Just bought a stock rearend. It is supposed to be here any day.

Drive Shaft Shop was making the 8.8 swap. They kept saying all the parts are made except for the brackets. They kept telling me call back in a week. I called 6 weeks straight then they told me that it would be available last wednesday. I called on wednesday to order and they told me the brackets still arent made. Then they were rude to me and told me not to call back. They said check the website from now on. They lost a sale on a $3500 kit. I guess we will wait and see what else comes out.

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
tistan said:
Just bought a stock rearend. It is supposed to be here any day.

Drive Shaft Shop was making the 8.8 swap. They kept saying all the parts are made except for the brackets. They kept telling me call back in a week. I called 6 weeks straight then they told me that it would be available last wednesday. I called on wednesday to order and they told me the brackets still arent made. Then they were rude to me and told me not to call back. They said check the website from now on. They lost a sale on a $3500 kit. I guess we will wait and see what else comes out.

DiifTecniques makes a Stub to Hub kit for the car now which is very strong. Check out the GTO website.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Hey Doc, let me know the exact date as soon as you can. I doesn't sound like it's set in stone yet. As soon as I know, I will plan my Daytona trip around it. I didn't get to make the last race you invited me to. Car was broke. It still is kind of. Have to replace a bad lifter and then I'll be back up and running. This one sounds like alot of fun and I've got 3 or 4 other guys right now interested in going.

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
F8LSNAKE said:
Hey Doc, let me know the exact date as soon as you can. I doesn't sound like it's set in stone yet. As soon as I know, I will plan my Daytona trip around it. I didn't get to make the last race you invited me to. Car was broke. It still is kind of. Have to replace a bad lifter and then I'll be back up and running. This one sounds like alot of fun and I've got 3 or 4 other guys right now interested in going.

Depending on when in September I will be interested in going!

tistan

Established Member
OrangeMach23 said:
Depending on when in September I will be interested in going!
Just tell everyone that all your saturdays in September are booked up. Then it wont matter what saturday it's on.

Users who are viewing this thread