Race between Z06 and 03 posted on Z06 forums

Black Cobra

Established Member
Wes, I understand that the new '03 Cobra's have been ( shall we say) on a diet??...... New weight supposed to be around 3400

I know that Obiefox mentioned that his invoice stated that his '03 Vert had a 3448 lbs shipping weight, but that is what my '98 weighs...actually a tad less fully fueled. Invoice Link

I don't see how the '03 could get much lighter than the 3665 lbs curb weight (includes 95 lbs of fuel), without pulling parts off (ie. back seat, A/C, spare tire...). I wished it weighed 3400...but I don't believe it will.

Last edited:

COBRAJIM9999

Established Member
Cobra weight

Coupe weight about 3650 and convertilbe models about 3800 lbs respectively as per Ford brochure. Rear whp is about 378 from the dyno sheets i have seen.

Black Cobra

Established Member
Well... based on the MPH calculator on...

Use the HP from ET or ET from HP calculators instead. Also, use the MM&FF numbers:

Coupe 3750 lbs (full roll cage, and computer telemetry gear)
Driver 150 ?
Total 3900 lbs

They went 12.67secs @ 110.11 mph with 3900 lbs twice.

Stangnet.com's HP from ET and ET from HP both show 378.98 rwHP which is consistant with the dyno charts that we've seen as COBRAJIM9999 pointed out.

Black Cobra

Established Member
Thanks Black Cobra! How did you get the snake next to your name? I always wanted to add a picture....

Click on "User cp" at the top of the screen.
Then Click "Edit Options" and scroll to the bottom.
Then Click "Change Avatar"

There is a set of avatars to choose from. Supposedly after 100 posts you can choose a customized one. I made that one from the "red eyed" Terminator snake photo that I downloaded from the MM&FF website.

attachment.php

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Dang, thats one thing I forgot to check for on the red/tan '03 Vert at my Dealers, the RED EYES OF THE TERMINATOR!

Has to be the coolest emblem ever-ever-ever put on a piece of Detroit metal!:coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread