R hood on an 03

norcal_cobra

Brand-X Eater
Established Member
Any thoughts on whether the R hood would offer better cooling over the stock hood? My stock hood got trashed in an accident yesterday so I am looking at all the options for replacing including another stock hood. Any ideas, suggestions? Thanks guys.

-norcal_cobra

KNGOBRA

Banned
Originally posted by norcal_cobra
Any thoughts on whether the R hood would offer better cooling over the stock hood? My stock hood got trashed in an accident yesterday so I am looking at all the options for replacing including another stock hood. Any ideas, suggestions? Thanks guys.

-norcal_cobra

I didn't know the 03's had cooling problems..but if you're that worried about it, I'd leave the hood off. If not, then leave your Cobra a Cobra and put the stock hood back on, not a GT or an R or a Cervini or.......

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
Why not just go with one of the CF hoods? One guy has them for ~$695. They are in stock 03 *and* R flavors so you don't have to go with just an R hood.

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
I hear they'll fit, its just a bit tighter-supposedly steeda had one. ( former post somewhere) also unless your talkin about the '95 R's the 00R's aren't open in the back so theres no cooling effect there- however someone had a post about some hoods, they had an 00R, with the 'ripples' cutout in the bulge.

Last edited:

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Joashville-- do you have a link to those hoods? I heard a place was making a cf one but I didn't think it would be like our stock hood. I would go with SHM carbon fibre hood but the price is alittle too high right now, but I really want one so I will probably just buy it anyway.

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
Originally posted by KevinJKD
Joashville-- do you have a link to those hoods? I heard a place was making a cf one but I didn't think it would be like our stock hood. I would go with SHM carbon fibre hood but the price is alittle too high right now, but I really want one so I will probably just buy it anyway.

Hi Kevin,

I wish I could point you in the right direction but SweetSVT99 has diabled the search function until we get our network problems fixed. It was in a post on this board, that a fellow had some that he was going to make for $695. Hang tight, my recommendation is don't buy one yet...let's see if we can find the $695 fellow after we get our search function back.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Thanks for the info. Thats the guy I was thinking of too, I want to see some pics and info about his hoods before I buy them. I know the SHM hood will look great, but I talked to my friend with an s2000 and he said that the cf hoods for imports are the same way, they sell them for around $1500 when they first come out but then drop down to around $700. So hopefully the SHM price will come down soon.

olchakla

Dallas Mustang Cover Car
Established Member
I am considering a R hood also. I already elected to go with the R Wing versus the stock 03 wing. Whoever is successful with installing a R hood, I would like to see pictures after your done.

Users who are viewing this thread