Quiet Borla exhaust (Borla 14858)

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
Anyone know where I can get just the mufflers? I have the Borla stingers and want to quiet it down a bit. Figured I'd get the mufflers only and have an exhaust shop cut the stingers out and weld the quieter ones in. Or does anyone and a better idea?

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
Bump. I emailed Borla and if they get back to me I'll post what they say so future browsers know.

badmpg03

Established Member
Probably cheapest to swamp mufflers like you say
FYI I asked Borla a while back to just buy the system and they said the quiet "touring system" was no longer made, but you should still be able to get it through Steeda.

GodStang

Established Member
In the past I have bought Borla Mufflers from Summit Racing and swapped out the muffler alone because the catback I wanted was not made by anyone. Just make sure the inlet and outlet position is correct and it doesn't hurt if the length is close.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
Well I slapped the Borla Touring cat-back on and pulled the Stingers off. It's DEFINITELY quieter and you would never believe my car has zero cats on it. For those in Cali that are worried I highly recommend it. I'm up near the Oregon border and I don't see cops bothering people around here really. It's a pretty big car/diesel town and we all know there's not a LOT to do around here...But for those in major cities I'd definitely consider it if you're worried or just want something quieter.

FYI current mid-pipe is a Bassani off-road x-pipe with stock headers. I'll work on getting a video. I took one of my Stingers before I took them off.

GodStang

Established Member
Well I slapped the Borla Touring cat-back on and pulled the Stingers off. It's DEFINITELY quieter and you would never believe my car has zero cats on it. For those in Cali that are worried I highly recommend it. I'm up near the Oregon border and I don't see cops bothering people around here really. It's a pretty big car/diesel town and we all know there's not a LOT to do around here...But for those in major cities I'd definitely consider it if you're worried or just want something quieter.

FYI current mid-pipe is a Bassani off-road x-pipe with stock headers. I'll work on getting a video. I took one of my Stingers before I took them off.

Do you have any videos? Always love to hear different setups.

Users who are viewing this thread