QuickTime Bellhousing/Scattershield Question

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
I'm buying this bellhousing and I'm just trying to find out of the starter pocket shield is necessary?

RM-8080.jpg

I was in the process of ordering it and then the dealer asked me if I wanted the starter pocket as well? It was the first I heard of it, and I'm just having a hard time picturing it installed.. Is the cover necessary?

RM-6080-SC.jpg

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
Looking at the bellhousing, the snout of the starter will be exposed to outside elements if you don't get the starter cover. So yes, I would get it.

64T-bolt

Fist Fornicator
Established Member
I would say yes if it's a daily, all-weather driver. If your like me and you drive it once in awhile and only in nice weather on nice roads than no. . .

jumperjack

Established Member
I'm buying this bellhousing and I'm just trying to find out of the starter pocket shield is necessary?

RM-8080.jpg

I was in the process of ordering it and then the dealer asked me if I wanted the starter pocket as well? It was the first I heard of it, and I'm just having a hard time picturing it installed.. Is the cover necessary?

RM-6080-SC.jpg

I have a quicktime and I didn't get it they never said anything to me about it. I guess it is a good idea if your car is a DD and sees weather,

Users who are viewing this thread