(QuickJack) Portable Car Lift

SGT MERC

Established Member
Does a garage slab need reinforced to use this?
The QuickJack is a great idea, but ive had my eye on the portable MaxJax system that will fit in a shorter garage.

working-under-maxjax-car-lift.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Kubin-B

Established Member
I have mine slid as far under the car as i can get them, i disconnect all lines and roll them up to store them out of the way.
you can see in the video theres an odd shaped silver "roller" as its coming up in rotates over the lock (i think it's basically a ridge), once you clear the lock and lower it a tad it wil seat against the lock. The clear if you have to raise the lift a tad then raise that arm.

For those using them - do any of you just like push them together so they're stored under the middle of the vehicle and either move/disconnect the line the to the controller so you aren't running it over? dragging em around the garage is my other hangup and just doesnt seem quicker than jack and stands

wish I knew someone local that had a set

Sent from my SM-G955U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

beau t

Established Member
The QuickJack is a great idea, but ive had my eye on the portable MaxJax system that will fit in a shorter garage.
I just looked at the pic and thought - no freaking way would i get under a car without it being bolted down lol. then i went and looked at the site, thats a slick set-up.

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
Does a garage slab need reinforced to use this?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using the svtperformance.com mobile app
This is the anchor bolt kit they sell for that lift. I would imagine the depth of the cement needs to be as thick at a minimum.

You can also download the manual here and find that info in the manual

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I just looked at the pic and thought - no freaking way would i get under a car without it being bolted down lol. then i went and looked at the site, thats a slick set-up.

Yep.. it gets bolted down. So... semi - portable I guess?

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks everyone for chiming in on the thread and sharing your opinions and experiences. Im SOLD on them and im going forward with the purchase of one!!

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I bought a set from a guy who was a mobile mechanic, the 7k guys. He had bent one of the riser lift pads lifting up his CCLB 7.3, he said he had done it a few times before but didn't have it quite lined up. I bent it back. I don't have the balls to put my duramax on them but I should probably give it a shot.

I replaced the fittings because they were leaking pretty good, I had tried to reset the o-ring inside of them a few times per my dads suggestion but I couldn't get them to seal. I just bought hydraulic fittings from an online hydraulic store because they were 1/2 the price that quick jack wanted.

My car was up in the air from October-March doing a handful of different things. It's worth noting there will be some vehicles that they won't lift up without additional parts. I did a transmission on my old ranger and the frame rails curve in and the jack spot on the truck wasn't in line with the front. I opted to just do it on some ramps and it was a pain in the ass because of it.

I'm in them $850 with the new fittings. I would gladly do it again and even if I end up with an actual 2 post I will keep the quick jacks around.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I have been using RaceRamps the last few years for simple things like oil changes or to get the floor jack under the front of a lowered Stang for jackstand use.

Lately I don't have the time or the patience to get 4 corners off the ground with a single jack and 4 stands. The QuikJack looks like it may be a nice time saver despite the size and storage needs. Most of my To Do projects don't get done because I don't feel like getting it airborne the old fashioned way.

Only thing that may be a pain is trans/exhaust work which I hardly mess with anyways.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm have the quickjack 5000lb extended version. I've only used them a few times on my s197 and my brothers s550 so far. They work great!

One downside is that they are awkward to move around at 90lbs a piece.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
I only have 5.5 inches of clearance on the bottom skirt with the widebody. Its going to be tight but I believe i can get the 5000TL under the car. The 7000TL would be even more of a tight fit. I believe 5000TL lowered is 3" and the 7000TL 3.5".......:sneaky:

20171022_162710_resized.jpg

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
In case anyone is wondering about the locks, my son's GS300 sat on my Quickjacks from January until about a week ago. The car never moved.

J.Rovirosa

Established Member

working-under-maxjax-car-lift.jpg
Bought one of these to lift the cab off the Lightning. Worked great, going to use it again to r&r the clutch in the Cobra this summer. Seems like the Quickjack would be better for minor maintenance stuff since it looks to be a bit easier to set up, but not sure you'd be able to get it high enough to do something like a transmission swap if you're using a dedicated transmission jack.

Users who are viewing this thread