(QuickJack) Portable Car Lift

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
Im getting tired of floor jacks and jack stands as they really have there limitations in a safe working height perspective. I came across QuickJack and they claim they raise up to 24" in height. Does anyone own this portable car lift? Can you share your experience with them and are they safe and worth the investment? Is there a better alternative that is similiar to this particular portable car lift? I like to hear some comments and opinions.......thanks!

They sure look safe to me.......WOW :oops:!!!

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I’ve gone back and forth but haven’t pulled the trigger because seems like half the time I need access from the side and obviously can’t do that this way

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
My Shelby friend has one and loves it.
Actually has a second for sale as he bought a stacker 4-post lift.
Hope to see you tomorrow buddy.
-J

4.698gt

Established Member
Love it! Bought the biggest and all accessories from home depot when they had a sale and 18/24 months no interest on their card. Not too heavy so it moves easily and all the lines and fittings seem pretty good. Once in a while I'll get a little fluid out of a fitting but nothing to be afraid of. Has double locking positions for two different heights.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Love it! Bought the biggest and all accessories from home depot when they had a sale and 18/24 months no interest on their card. Not too heavy so it moves easily and all the lines and fittings seem pretty good. Once in a while I'll get a little fluid out of a fitting but nothing to be afraid of. Has double locking positions for two different heights.
Im assuming those two locking positions are at the 12 and 24 inch positions?How does it actually lock into position?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Im assuming those two locking positions are at the 12 and 24 inch positions?How does it actually lock into position?

you can see in the video theres an odd shaped silver "roller" as its coming up in rotates over the lock (i think it's basically a ridge), once you clear the lock and lower it a tad it wil seat against the lock. The clear if you have to raise the lift a tad then raise that arm.

For those using them - do any of you just like push them together so they're stored under the middle of the vehicle and either move/disconnect the line the to the controller so you aren't running it over? dragging em around the garage is my other hangup and just doesnt seem quicker than jack and stands

wish I knew someone local that had a set

SteedaGT

Keebler Racing
Established Member
I have a set and love them. They have their place and a jack/jack stands has their’s. I keep mine hanging up on the wall and they have wheels which makes it easy for me to move them around.

If I am doing something to the car where I want all 4 wheels up at once, I go for the quick jacks every time. It’s a much safer and quicker way to get all 4 up over a jack and jack stands.

If I am just swapping rear tires off for slicks or something, it’s quicker just to grab a jack and stick it under the pumpkin real quick.

The car is high enough that I can actually use a creeper so going in from the front and not the sides is not a big deal to me.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
The QuickJack is a great idea, but ive had my eye on the portable MaxJax system that will fit in a shorter garage.

working-under-maxjax-car-lift.jpg

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
you can see in the video theres an odd shaped silver "roller" as its coming up in rotates over the lock (i think it's basically a ridge), once you clear the lock and lower it a tad it wil seat against the lock. The clear if you have to raise the lift a tad then raise that arm.

For those using them - do any of you just like push them together so they're stored under the middle of the vehicle and either move/disconnect the line the to the controller so you aren't running it over? dragging em around the garage is my other hangup and just doesnt seem quicker than jack and stands

wish I knew someone local that had a set
That was my original plan when I bought them. But my car is too low to make that happen. Instead they get stored by the wall stacked one on top of the other. It's not overly difficult to move them around.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
That was my original plan when I bought them. But my car is too low to make that happen. Instead they get stored by the wall stacked one on top of the other. It's not overly difficult to move them around.

I need a 2.5 or 3 car garage with a 12' ceiling, then I could resolve this properly

mariusvt

Established Member
With the quickjack, if you get the truck pads I think you can pick up an additional like 6" of lift height. I've almost pulled the trigger on the 7000TL more than once. Way more capacity than I need but I'm of the mindset I'd rather have it be overkill for the capacity I need.

Blown 89

Established Member
The QuickJack is a great idea, but ive had my eye on the portable MaxJax system that will fit in a shorter garage.

Those used to be $1,500 at Costco. I wish I bought a set before the price went through the roof.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
I have one too. I like them. I have even used them on a 4 post lift, to get the car higher, but also have the wheels off.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member

I looked at these @gimmie11s and could only dream. Unfortunately I dont have the facilities to use this product. But if I did brother, Id be all over this. Thanks for sharing!!

Last edited:

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
I need a 2.5 or 3 car garage with a 12' ceiling, then I could resolve this properly
You and Me both @DSG2003Mach1 . Im retiring from ford in 5 years, where ever I end up that garage or pole barn size and a minium of 12 - 20' ceiling height are an absolute must!!

Last edited:

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
With the quickjack, if you get the truck pads I think you can pick up an additional like 6" of lift height. I've almost pulled the trigger on the 7000TL more than once. Way more capacity than I need but I'm of the mindset I'd rather have it be overkill for the capacity I need.
I agree. I think its like 200 bucks more.

4.698gt

Established Member
Pic of my friend fusion on it for a brake job. Works best on level ground. Haven't tried to use it on the angled part of my driveway IMG_6827.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread